Stratoblaster (no issue this time just a public thanks to the inventor)

Started by arma61, November 08, 2007, 11:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arma61

Hi I would like to thanks publicly the inventor of the Stratoblaster. I have an old guitar (12 years old), Vester (or something like that) colored like a Strato, that has never sounded well with anything attached to, DS1, Guv'nor, DIY effects, and alone into the amp was really terrible, treble so strong that it looks like a cat's screaming when someone step on its tail! and into a wah pedal sound line Donal Duck singing into a bowl !! I have to say I'm not so good in playing guitar, specially on solos, but I like to play anyway. All this till last Tuesday night when I've finished to box the Stratoblaster and plug my guitar into it and then into my pedalboard( link to picture http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/7995/pedalboardyl6.jpg) , and, believe it or not, it sound now (almost) like a Strato!!, that's really cool!

So again thanks to the inventor of Stratoblaster (J D Sleep ?)

Ciao
Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

axg20202

Congrats. It's nice when something simple like this cures a long-standing problem. I was just wondering, did you ever swap out the pickups in that guitar? I know there is a trend for swapping pickups which is not always necessary, but maybe poor pickups was the problem here? Yes, they can be expensive, but well worth considering to revitalise a duff sounding guitar. I have no affiliation with the company, but I can heartily recommend Bare Knuckle pickups - expensive but extremely good.

arma61

Thx axg20202, I thought one time to buy new pick ups, but looking at their costs compared with the value of the guitar (and also compared to my playing skill!) I never took that decision, and now with this simple thing I've almost a "good sounding" guitar, and that's enough for me.
Thx for suggestion, in case I'll win lottery then, I will by an original strato for sure, and I will play with changing p-u on the old one.

Ciao
Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen