Fuzz Face Vero Layout

Started by kurtlives, November 16, 2007, 06:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurtlives

I could not find one. Sorry if they are easy to find and I am just your wasting time. But if anyone could hook me up with one that would be great.

Thanks
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

bean

You should really give this one a shot on your own. It's a great circuit to learn how to do vero layouts.

brefmint

Builds-- Fuzz Face, Tubescreamer(x2), AMZ Miniboost (x3), AMZ Mosfet Boost, Rangemaster(x2), Atari Punk Console, Ruby Amp w/ Bassman mod, EA Tremolo, Java Boost,

Working on: Tube Reamer/Miniboost Combo

kurtlives

Thanks

And power adapters are usually a no no on FFs right?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

kurtlives

My only question is how would I add a 3PDT so I could have an LED?

Oh is this layout verified?

My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

s.r.v.

a 3pdt is a dpdt with one more row. so just wire the dpdt, and leave a row on side. then put an LED like all the GGG layouts have. thought you'd know this kurtlives  :icon_biggrin:

kurtlives

Ya I know that but does the - of the LED then just go to the ground?

Also this is positive ground. Most pedals are negative ground, correct? Were the originals also positive ground? Would it be worth to change it to negative ground so I could use it in my daisy chain?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

kurtlives

Bump

I realize now that all FF are postive ground. Can anyone answer the LED questiion?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

bean

You can use an led with positive ground. Just flip the cathode and anode of the LED when you hook it up to your power source (you still need to use a series resistor of 1 to 4.7k)

Also, You should consider putting a 50kB pot in series with the input set up as a variable resistor. It will give you a lot more range in tones and will make the fuzz roll off a bit better when you use your volume control on your guitar.

Clarification: Hook the short lead from the LED to a resistor then to the power. Hook the longer lead to the switch.

Dragonfly

there are a few ff vero layouts in my gallery

kurtlives

Quote from: Dragonfly on November 17, 2007, 12:17:40 PM
Your gallery dosent work.

So which resistor should I turn into a 50K pot? The 33K one? Thi is the soft mod I believe.

Is there a resistor that I should use a trim pot for to bias?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

Dragonfly

Quote from: kurtlives on November 17, 2007, 01:05:41 PM
Quote from: Dragonfly on November 17, 2007, 12:17:40 PM
Your gallery dosent work.

works fine for me, as well as pretty much everyone else that leaves comments....i wonder whats going on ?

is this direct link working for you ?

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/v/DRAGONFLY-LAYOUTS_0/album18/album144/

I'm not logged in or anything, and i was able to go straight to the gallery....

petemoore

Also this is positive ground. Most pedals are negative ground, correct?
  Yes, yes.
   Were the originals also positive ground?
  The 'original' original ones were, later, original FF's used NPN Neg. Gnd. also.
  Would it be worth to change it to negative ground so I could use it in my daisy chain?
  You will need to choosey from NPN transistors for your Neg. Gnd. FF.
  If you connect Neg. to Gnd. and pos. to Gnd. [='s Neg. and Pos. tied together] it will directly short, and very likely only damage the PS.
  To change a +gnd PNP FF ... to NPN neg gnd.
  Start with NPN transistors and a Neg. Gnd. NPN FF schematic.
  Converting your PNP Pos Gnd FF to above involves the NPN transistors, and reversing anything with polarity connected in the circuit [polarized caps, diodes, power supply polarity].
  PNP Neg. Gnd. FF ... I wouldn't / can't help there, other than to offer it is often intractably problematic.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

kurtlives

Quote from: petemoore on November 17, 2007, 02:16:51 PM
Also this is positive ground. Most pedals are negative ground, correct?
  Yes, yes.
   Were the originals also positive ground?
  The 'original' original ones were, later, original FF's used NPN Neg. Gnd. also.
  Would it be worth to change it to negative ground so I could use it in my daisy chain?
  You will need to choosey from NPN transistors for your Neg. Gnd. FF.
  If you connect Neg. to Gnd. and pos. to Gnd. [='s Neg. and Pos. tied together] it will directly short, and very likely only damage the PS.
  To change a +gnd PNP FF ... to NPN neg gnd.
  Start with NPN transistors and a Neg. Gnd. NPN FF schematic.
  Converting your PNP Pos Gnd FF to above involves the NPN transistors, and reversing anything with polarity connected in the circuit [polarized caps, diodes, power supply polarity].
  PNP Neg. Gnd. FF ... I wouldn't / can't help there, other than to offer it is often intractably problematic.

Thank you, very much.

So what is that blue wiring coming off the DPDT do?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

kurtlives

My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

8mileshigh

Quote from: frankclarke on November 17, 2007, 01:34:25 PM
Works for me.

Andy,

The link you just supplied works but the one in your sig doesn't for me.  

Chris
Builts completed: Tweak-O, Fuzz Face Si and Ge, Rangemaster,Fuzzrite Si & Ge, Bazz Fuzz, L'il Devil Fuzz, Bosstone one knober, Bosstone Sustainer, Cream Pie, Kay Fuzztone. http://www.myspace.com/chrisdarlington