BSIAB2 from GGG... PCB different from website's layout.

Started by pott, November 19, 2007, 09:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pott

So I can't do the project. I figured someone here may be able to help me out please? The PCB included in the kit is different from the PCB in PCB files you get on the 'project' section of GGG, so I can't place anything but the resistor and trim pot. Would anybody know where to get the layout for the other PCB? Thanks a lot!

snoof

Def email JD from the GGG site, he'll know what is up, and how to help.

pott

Yeah I did that first thing using their online forms. It's only been about 4 hours though so I haven't got a reply yet. I hoped to finish it today as I'm having exams soon and I'll be burried in revisions.

Ed G.

JD's going to new silkscreened pcbs. Is that what you have? The component values should be silkscreened on the pcb itself. As far as the external wiring, it looked pretty similar. I'm sure JD will help you out as soon as he can.

pott

Nah mine is plain and has no inscription on the surface. Just BSIAB and 2004 JD Sleep on the back. That's all. The layout on another hand IS indeed for those new PCBs it seems.

pott

Well I got no reply yet so I'm trying to figure it out from the schematic. Not easy...

Krinor

PM me with your email address and I'll send you a copy of the old layout. I printed it out many moons ago.  :icon_wink:

pott

Thanks a lot!

Ed G.

I apologize, I misunderstood and thought you had a newer pcb. I had a layout file for the older one.
Hope it works out well for you!

pott

Thanks.

Well I finished building it. NOTHING works. My wiring is 100% correct, I quadrupled checked. The PCB is fine. I tried both GGG and OLC switch wiring, nothing works out. The switch works fine, my power supply works fine, my pedalboard works fine... I really don't get it. Meeeh.

Only thing that happens is that with a jack in the input, if I short the tip of the cable to the casing the LED lights up. Otherwise it doesn't. It does light up with a power supply though.

Bypassed signal doesn't even go through.

MR COFFEE

It's hard to trouble shoot a pedal from a distance, but from your post, I'd start by checking the connections to the jacks. It's easy to get the power and signal lugs crossed up. My 2 cents worth.
Bart

pott

Yep that's right :D I had used AMZ's jack connection diagram and it was wrong for this particular pedal, I had to reverse the battery and audio wires. Everything works 100% fine now, I played it all afternoon and this is one great sounding pedal!!

MR COFFEE

Wish I could always guess that well. :icon_lol:

Glad you're to the playing and having fun part !

Enjoy,

mr coffee
Bart

rawnickel

I was wondering if anyone did indeed have the old pcb layout. I contacted GGG, but haven't heard back yet. If someone has it and can email it to me that would be great. Email me at gmail.com. Thanks in advance!