Tiny Tube Screamer

Started by Zben3129, November 24, 2007, 07:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zben3129

First off, I take no credit for this. By "designed", I mean was too impatient to make the whole thing.

I "designed" this tiny screamer. It is just the clipping and input buffer section of the ts808, plus the last cap. I was surprised that it actually sounded good. Real good. I have a drilled enclosure fot 1 knob that i can't figure out what to put in it, so I decided to make this an actual pedal. I was just wondering if anyone could whip up a veroboard layout for it :)   Would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

beatstrat

The Run Off Groove Tube Reamer is similar in that it is a stripped down TS - you can find their layout and assorted info @ www.runoffgroove.com - layouts for the Tube Reamer are located in the Gallery too - you could adopt one of these existing layouts for your schematic.

I really dig the basic TS circuit - such a cool, useful, generally good sounding overdrive - for my rig, I actually like the buffers front & back, but the stripped down versions are hip too.

Zben3129

Thanks for the info

Yeah I think the TS has a warmer sound with the buffers, which is why my real DIY ts clone is a ts808 replica

The only point of this is to fill my enclosure that has had no use for so long. One knob, one mini toggle, one led and a switch. Finally gonna have a good use for it :)

drewl

Stupid question, can you parallel IC stages?
I think I've seen it done in some rack units for more current gain. So since the above schematic only uses half of the chip, could you tie all the ins and out together?
It may not make any difference, but it might be fun to see what sounds it makes.

Zben3129

hmm interesting idea...ill have to give it a try!

Ill get back to ya

(BTW, if you've heard of opamp stacking, this might be like it, only using one side of the amp)