SPST using FET as switching like TS and BOSS stock (layout or design)

Started by rogeryu_ph, November 29, 2007, 02:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogeryu_ph

Guys,
So far my dpdt xwing used in MOSFET booster and 3pdt used in delay is dependable but not to question it's durability for how long it stand but when the time come these switch may failed we need to order again co'z the source is not readily available. Beside I have problem stepping 2 simultaneous usually during solo of this type of switch co'z it's to hard not as soft like my other BOSS and IBANEZ :icon_cry: SO the catch is I want to have my next pedal project to incorporate the design of FET switching type co'z I have heavy duty spdt soft   click switch to use not like the xwing or 3pdt structure but somewhat push on off botton only. And there are many available on the electronic shop I seen. Hope other may see the same problem would benifit on this.
Layout of the pcb is more I need that i could joined with the fx pcb or can be a separate like child (FET switching) pcb and the mother(FX) pcb. Schematic of the FET switching also can be a help. :icon_biggrin:

Thanks in advance,
Roger     

rogeryu_ph

Guys,
Does anyone has an idea :icon_cry:
I found website but using cd4053. What I'm looking is 2 fet (2sk30a or other) switching design replacement for millenium but using SPST.....

Roger

d95err

2PDT and 3PDT are available from lots of different places and manufacturers at very reasonable prices, so I wouldn't worry about finding replacements.

For JFET switching, take a look at some BOSS schematics to see how they do it. If you're using a SPST latching switch, you can skip the flip-flop section and connect the control voltage directly to the switch. Keep in mind that in some BOSS circuits, the switchin parts account for more than 50% of the total parts count. True bypass is way simpler...

rogeryu_ph

Yes, JFET switching is the one i'm looking, I've seen some schematic but I do'nt know how to do PCB layout beside i'm not conversant with schematic reading also. Well i'm flooding my pedal board with DPDT already stomping it while soloing is kind of difficult  sure practicing it will do. Availability and cost plus delivery charge and payment fee also for me is a concern.

Roger