Tonepad Tetavia Rev1

Started by Samy, November 30, 2007, 10:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samy

I have some problems with this build, i have build two with new components except the transformer and the result is the same, it' s not working !
I have checked the schem and the layout and i couldn't find the error, i have used the audio probe and the signal is lost on Q2 ...
Is there any successful builds with this layout ?
I am bit disappointed because my success rate is 100% and i want to keep it that way ! There are sometimes some minor debugs but i always find a way to make it works, this one is a simple circuit but is causing me some PITA ! ( sorry  :icon_biggrin: )

Here are my voltages:
Q1- 2N5087
E=4,5V B=2,82V C=0V
Q2=2N4401
E=0V B=0V C=9,3V
Q3=2N4401
E=0V B=0V C=9,2V

Samy

John Lyons

Which project is this? The tone pad boards say the name in spanish (or equivalent) but I'm not sure which one this is in english.
I think that may be why no one has answered you.

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Samy

It´s a Tychobrahe Octavia.
I have done this project twice and they have the same problem !
I will check the schematics and the pcb again tomorrow. I needed to cool down a bit an decided to start other projects but now, i will start up that one again.

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

QuoteHere are my voltages:
Q1- 2N5087
E=4,5V B=2,82V C=0V
Q2=2N4401
E=0V B=0V C=9,3V
Q3=2N4401
E=0V B=0V C=9,2V

q1
E 4.2v B 3.6v C 2.8v
q2
E 2.3v  B 2.8v C 9v
q3
E 1.6v B 2.3v C 4.9v

Q1 C, probably look at component short to ground (cap, 220k , 220ohm resistors).

It's also possible that you're using a pdf that had an error, if you were among the first to get it, 220k and 200 ohm resistors are reversed, that should make a big difference.

I'd check all the resistors to ground from the nodes with 0v, maybe you placed in a 220 in place of the 22k.

I've also had resistors labeled wrong, i'd probably measure them.
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

Samy

Thanks Francisco, you are correct !  ;)
The pedal is working now,  and wow :icon_eek: ... it´s a serious noisy fuzz with a great sustain ! Not my type unfortunately, but well... let's move on to the next project .

Thank you for your wonderful layouts.

Bye.