Eagle Components Library

Started by Baktown, December 01, 2007, 01:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baktown

Greetings all,

I just loaded Eagle onto my laptop, and I'm eager to learn to use it, but I'm having trouble sorting through all the different libraries to find usable (simple) symbols.  Has anyone here created a symbol library that they would be willing to share, or can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Rock on!

Axl Bundy

dxm1

I believe this forum member has a set of common pedal parts in Eagle Libraries:

http://gaussmarkov.net/wordpress/tools/software/eagle-cad/

defy555

Hey,

I just started using Eagle yesterday.  I was really frustrated in the same way - until I realised all the simple resistors, caps etc are listed under rcl.lbr.  Try there...

Dave

Baktown

I downloaded the GaussMarkov library and and it's really cool.

Have you figured out how to use Eagle yet?  I started with a really simple schematic, but I can't figure out how to use the auto router function.  It keeps wanting to put traces on 2 layers, top and bottom.  Send me a PM if you've figured this out.

Thanks!

Rock on!

Axl

PerroGrande

I've been messing around with Eagle lately, too. 

I don't know if the method I use is "proper" or not, but when I first select "AutoRoute", I tell it that the "preferred direction" for the top layer is N/A.  This seems to prevent it from using the top layer of the board.

Solidhex

Yo

I actually completed my first Eagle layout, printed, etched and built into a pedal today. The GaussMarkov library was extremely helpfull (thanks dude!) as well as the series of instrucables for Eagle here: http://www.instructables.com/id/Draw-Electronic-Schematics-with-CadSoft-EAGLE/  . It was posted here before but I thought it should be mentioned since I found it so helpfull. Check out the others from westwf ...a lot of stuff such as the top layer in auto route etc is covered as you go through it. GaussMarkov's instruction on laying a ground pour is really helpfull too.

gaussmarkov

i don't get much time to cruise the forum these days.  but it's nice to stumble upon something like this when i do.  i'm glad the libraries are useful.

PerroGrande has it right.  if you don't want any top layer autorouting, then turn that layer off with N/A.

you will find that the autorouter can be pretty dumb.  but it's fun to use and if you use the select feature it can be useful.  i am talking about the ability to select which nets will be autorouted, instead of everything.

in the autoroute dialog window, next to the OK button is a SELECT button.  when you click on that the window closes but no autorouting happens.  you have to click on the nets you want to autoroute first.  like GND.  then you click on the traffic light button on the toolbar across the top.  that button is usually greyed out.  but it becomes active when you start this process.

i have several eagle tutorials on gaussmarkov.net and i am planning another one.  if you have read any of them, what would be most helpful to include?

cheers, gm

miqbal

Suggestion in using autorouter: Manage/arrange some simple traces manually, as much as you can, especially ground (V-) rail, they are used to surrounding the pcb. When you are almost give up, then you may want to try the autorouter.

I think it quite difficult to control the logic of how the autorouter route the trace. Small change on the parameters, will result on a big difference on how the autorouter make its decision.

IQB
M. IqbaL
Jakarta

aziltz

why are the pot symbols in eagle bigger than the resistors.  that irks me.

nelson

Creating component symbols and footprints is very useful in eagle.

If you want to do any PCB design specific for your needs you're going to have to learn to do that.

Not sure if GM has a tutorial for that, but that would be my vote, if he's going to do one.

Learning how to use the DRC + ERC functions is pretty useful.

Also, how to panelize in eagle is pretty fiddly, it would be worth a tutorial on that.

My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

biggy boy

Quote from: aziltz on May 27, 2009, 10:54:43 AM

What do you mean by bigger?
physically bigger then the resistors or do you mean there is more pots to select from in the library then there is resistors?

Have you loaded gaussmarkov's library from his site, they are good, they are geared for pedal building.

aziltz

Quote from: biggy boy on May 27, 2009, 12:23:06 PM
Quote from: aziltz on May 27, 2009, 10:54:43 AM

What do you mean by bigger?
physically bigger then the resistors or do you mean there is more pots to select from in the library then there is resistors?

Have you loaded gaussmarkov's library from his site, they are good, they are geared for pedal building.

the symbols for pots are physically bigger than single resistors.  i just thought the " /\/\/\/\/ " would all be the same size....  it just seems odd.  i was just ranting for a bit. thats all.

carrejans

WLS

Quote from: carrejans on May 27, 2009, 03:25:23 PM
Just make your own.

Yea, then you can adjust size to taste  :icon_lol:

Bill

Since I've breadboarded it I can only blame myself.

But It's Just A Chip!

imcdermott

Ok. The past few days I have been trying to create a custom part in Eagle, but I am having no luck. I am trying to create a CD4007UBE. There are one or two in the libraries, but I really don't like the schematic symbol in either, and there isn't one in the GM libraries. Does anyone have it? The symbol i've been trying to make and that I have seen in schematics looks like 3 N-channel and 3 P-channel all connected together like the pinout shows. I'm just having no luck and if anyone has something similar it would be awesome. Thanks.

Ian