Newbie question: please bear with me...

Started by machineman, December 05, 2007, 05:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

machineman

I enlarged an image of an mxr micro amp.  I applied press n peel blue and etched a circuit board of the enlarged image.  It made things easier for me to solder the resistors and caps...when I got to the IC I had a problem...the holes were further apart..(ofcourse I have thought about this already before enlarging the image)...anyway, IF I SOLDER EXTENSIONS TO THE LEGS OF THE IC,TO FIT THE WIDENED HOLES OF THE BOARD, WILL IT WORK??? OR WHAT IF I SOLDER EXTENSIONS TO THE IC SOCKET SO THAT THE IC WON'T BE EXPOSED TO HEAT...WILL THIS WORK???  Sorry, I just can't work with the small circuits...very delicate...plus I don't have a steady hand. 

Thanks everyone...

CGDARK

Krinor

;D Yeah it will probably work just fine. But do use a socket. ;)
You could use the one CG recomends or you could just bore some holes closer together and make some bridges (out of clippings from component leads) on the board. However IMO if you feel you don't have a steady hand this solution is actualy more complicated than just going with the regular scale.

machineman

Thanks everyone...once again...this forum saves the day!!!  My hands work quite well when Im working on guitar electronics...but when it comes to effects, they just start shaking.  I just need more time to master the art of effects building!!! thanks again krinor and CG

jonathan perez

no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

Krinor

12milluz

Quote from: Processaurus
You need a glade plug-in, in on a footswitch.  Kick on the big muff, then hit the air freshener pedal.

Visit my site: http://www.freewebs.com/12milluzmusic

jonathan perez

smallbearelec

djwackfriz

jonathan perez

MartyMart

Quote from: thebattleofmidway on December 05, 2007, 11:07:28 PM
sometimes its best to just bear all...

OUCH !  I'd hate to watch you in a club doing a "standup" routine  !!!!  :icon_wink:
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Krinor

Quote from: MartyMart on December 06, 2007, 07:35:25 AM
Quote from: thebattleofmidway on December 05, 2007, 11:07:28 PM
sometimes its best to just bear all...

OUCH !  I'd hate to watch you in a club doing a "standup" routine  !!!!  :icon_wink:

Being a proper english gentleman, you'd probably just have to bear with him.

(...and this thread is turning into lounge material  ::))

newfish

The Comedian's a Bear!

No he's not - he's wearing a neck-tie!

(waka waka waka)

:icon_razz:
Happiness is a warm etchant bath.

David

All right, you guys!  There have been some puns that were real "honeys", but...
it's starting to "bee" unBEARable in here!   :icon_mrgreen:   :icon_redface:   :icon_twisted:   :icon_wink:

Hmmm...  three at once.  Not bad!  Carry on...