Tonebender Fuzz?

Started by ireidt, December 12, 2007, 12:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ireidt

I am new to the forum so first off, I am Isaac, a bass player in the Tampa Bay, Florida area.  recently I have been wanting to modify and build pedals mainly to save money.

I have been wanting the Coloursound Tonebender Fuzz for a while now ( not the MKII this one Here   )

I was wondering if that pedal is the same one as the 3 knob tonebender schematic at Tonepad.com 

Thanks guys,
~Isaac~

Papa_lazerous

Its hard to say without a crystal ball as there is no information or schematic as they are selling the pedal not giving away information.......

Plenty of 3 knob tonebenders here http://fuzzcentral.ssguitar.com/3knob.php just get a breadboard and see which one you like the most  ;D

PS welcome to the forum

ireidt

ya was thinking I was gonna go the breadboard way and just try it but thought I would ask first. the one I linked is the same one the bass player in Tool uses and keeps the low end in the mix soooo welll...too bad it goes for around 300  :-\

and thanks

ireidt

sorry about the double post, but I think I found something.  On another forum I visit ( talkbass.com) someone took apart a 1970's version of this pedal.I can see the circuit board, but no schematic <_<  Oh well, one step closer!

Edit: found schematic but no part list :(

fegg

hiya, the tonebender from your first post uses silicon transistors. theres one in Dragonfly's excellent layout gallery  :icon_smile:

CLICK HERE

SonicVI

The current reissue is actually a reissue of the Jumbo Tone bender from the 70's.  The schematic is around. It's basically a Big Muff with one set of clipping diodes and the last transistor stage removed.

ireidt

Thanks guys I think I got it all now gonna try it out as my first project sine I dont wanta booster pedal..yet   :icon_rolleyes: