fender blender mod

Started by 1878, December 12, 2007, 12:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello everyone...

Just purchased the Fender Blender reissue. I knew about the annoying volume drop but didn't realise how bad it was !! Has anyone tried this:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=42190.0

I'm also thinking about fitting LED's to the two switches. What would be the best way of going about this ??

Thanks in advance...

John Lyons

To put in LEDs you will need to use 3PDT switches and add the LED to the 3rd row. See General Guitar Gadgets wiring diagrams to do this.

Try removing R34 and adding a jumper in that place... see what that does. Should increase the volume.

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Urso

To get rid of the annoying volume drop, you need to wire the Tone Boost switch to the original spec (you only need to swap 2 wires):

I replaced R34 with a jumper, I removed R35, and I changed the Tone Boost switch wiring, and now it works just fine :)

eddie84mx

I would like to build one from this schematic.

there's no resistor R34.

this circuit have no volume drop???

thank you so much.

John Lyons

All the schematics on line (except the reissue) are fine and have n volume drop.
Try fuzzcentral...

John
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

eddie84mx

ok.
thank you so much. I'll try the fuzzcentral schematic.

R34 is only the number of the reissue pedal??

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

eddie84mx

l2yz

for switching back to the old boost switch wiring, which wires are switched?

l2yz

CharlieK

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but can someone tell me which wires are switched in the above photo to reduce the volume drop.  Thanks

Nyklus

another post about wiring the tone switch.

for a short moment i had it wire up correctly.
i heard you just switched the black and white wires
but when i went to put it back in the case i realized that the
battery pack was in the way, i tried wiring it up with the outer row of a 3pst
i had laying around and it doesnt work..
judging for the image above, what wire attached to the
tone switch is headed to ground? i know this shouldnt be complecated.
i used my audio prob and found all three wires still work when sent to ground
and the sound of hearing that newly moded pedal frankensteined is such a tease

Nyklus

i wish i wasnt such a pathetic ocd, all i cam do is tinker with this pedal
an its driving me crazy, i have no idea what could be wrong with it.
i dont really understand what i see when i follow the two different effects routes through this pedal

is the tone switch just bypassing the tone knob on one of the wires?

the white wire seems to come from the effect on/off switch, i dont understand how this can be since when i audio probe it
it already has the fuzz on it.
i just wish i knew the right questions to ask to fix this.
i wish the resistor numbers were in order..
pedal depressed

Sounds daft, but have you wired the row across the top rather than down the side of the 3PDT ?? If I remember rightly, a 3PDT is numbered like this...

1 4 7
2 5 8
3 6 9

You should wire it 123 rather than 147. Sometimes it's the simplest mistakes. I've spent an hour debugging before realised the IC socket is empty !?!?

Sorry. Just realised you're not using a 3PDT !?!?

thebends9

Can anyone please shed some light onto which wires get switched? I have one of these open on the desk and Im lost (cant really read schematics).

Thanks

Grid N

Hi guys, I also need to fix this annoying volume drop.
Could some one of you be so kind to post a pic (or just modify the pic above) just marking in red the R34, R35 and the two pins to switch?
It would be highly appreciated because I cannot find a schematics with R34 and 35.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Grid N

So, I figured it out.
I just jumpered the R34.
I didn't cut R35, like I read in another post that Analog man did too. It would restore to the original spec but I am not sure it will fix the volume drop. Somone know what that resitor do? Impedence? protection?
I didn't swap any cable at the tone switch because, for instance, in the picture above are connected in a different way.