help me mod a Fulldrive?

Started by ruger9, January 29, 2010, 10:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruger9

Here's my deal:

I have a Fulldrive 2 (toggle version, pre-mosfet), and I'd like to change the CHARACTER/EQ of the boost channel.

Basically, I just want to make the boost channel thicker. Would I be able to just solder a cap (or a cap/res network) directly to the Boost vol pot to achieve this? Or maybe even replacing the pot with a lower-value one?  These ideas come from my working on guitars' vol & tone pots, I don't know if they would translate into a pedal.

Basically, I LOVE my FD2's drive channel. I've been thru dozens of ODs, and always come back to the FD2. However, I never use the boost channel. It seems to add high mids, and I would much prefer it add low-mids, or perhaps at least cut some extra treble, so that adding the Boost channel would be akin to stacking another drive with the FD2, but making it darker & thicker.

Any ideas?

jawaRunner

I have to say this post is very timely since I had the same question. 

If I could tag on, I am interested in increasing the gain a tad in the Full Drive 2 Mosfet (Blue Pedal White Knobs).  I have not found a schematic for this pedal.  Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions and increasing the gain or know any resources that would help?

Thank you.  I appreciate your feedback.

--
Michael

ruger9

I don't have a schematic for the mosfet, just the regular toggle version. I could send it to you if you want. Actually, it's a schem & a diagram, so depending on what components would have to be changed, it could prove helpful.

ppatchmods

When your life is over, will any of this STUFF really matter?

caspercody

I found a pdf of a project for the Full Drive 2, that has 12 clipping stages. Just pm me with a email address, and I will send it to you.

jawaRunner

Thank you.  I just sent you over a PM.

ruger9

jawaRunner

Hi Caspercody, I popped you over my email.  I am interested in seeing what you have.  Thank you very much!

caspercody

Hi Jawarunner, I sent you an email last Friday. I went and forward it to you today. Let me know if you still do not get it.

jawaRunner