Jfets and Tube emulation - more ideas

Started by stratcat, December 19, 2007, 12:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mac

I'm on it. I started with a simple booster idea. The effect of the diode is noticeable. MAybe a 3 stage thing later.
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=63013.0

mac
mac@mac-pc:~$ sudo apt-get install ECC83 EL84

stratcat

Quoteso, has anybody tried building victor kempf's drive lead?

Can't wait for someone to try it and report back. Anything that moves the state of the art forward is a good thing. And it looks like there are some interesting ideas there.

km-r

good luck mac! keep us posted!
whew!!

the sound clips sound awesome!
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar.  If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

jakenold

Doug, I had a Yamaha from that line too. It was a 100 watt head, that I used over a 4x12 Marshall. I got it all for 200 bucks here in Denmark, and it sounds awesome. I still use it, as most of my gear is in several rehearsals at this time. I actually thought a lot about this, after I tried your "Highway 89". It really spices up SS amps. Run the gain at 12 'o clock, and control the drive with the tone knob.

I can't give you enough credit for that circuit. Come to Denmark one day, and beer/wine/chartreuse/dinner is on me.

OK, I'll control myself and get back to the point. As many have pointed out, that "tube sound" is a combination of things. I really don't care about tubes or transistors, some things just sound RIGHT! I like my old Super Reverb as I like my Plexi as I like playing through Amplitube 2 late at night. Playing is actually what I like the most  ;D

Merry Christmas to all!