Grounding Boss CE2 and CS2

Started by sjaltenb, December 22, 2007, 03:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjaltenb

Hey,

Firstly, thanks to everyone on this forum. My Cornish style board is almost done. Right now i am working on Grounding. My question is, on the  boss CE2 and CS2 there are 2 wires (N THE CE2 its #12 and #3) (CS2: #13 and #11) that are soldered to the input jack. Now I have already mistakenly tried to use the pedal outside its enclosure and heard the result (loud noise).

So basically, dont I just simply ground these two wires? I am true bypassing the pedal using the in/out tips to a 3PDT switch. Im guessing those others can just go to my star ground...but i wanted to be sure. Thanks!

miqbal

Sorry, could you please provide us a schematic that use, so everyone can have same cable designation and orientation, and also a link to those 3DPDT tips....
M. IqbaL
Jakarta

sjaltenb

Looks like they go to ground to me.... just want to be sure...

sjaltenb

also, looks like i see the flip flop circuit in there...does anyone know how to make these effects "always on" so i dont have to add a switch to my board?

miqbal

Quote from: sjaltenb on December 22, 2007, 03:32:01 AM
............... My question is, on the  boss CE2 and CS2 there are 2 wires (N THE CE2 its #12 and #3) (CS2: #13 and #11) that are soldered
to the input jack. ....................................
So basically, dont I just simply ground these two wires?

If you plan not to use the input jack anymore for power switching purpose (looks like you want to chain all of the the fx): Yes, you can connect those cables to the ground.

also, looks like i see the flip flop circuit in there...does anyone know how to make these effects "always on" so i dont have to add a switch to my board?

What do you mean "always on"? Is it the power that always on (i.e., power always connected) but you can still select between clean and fx signal OR is it 'the FX sound' that always on, i.e, you won't need the clean signal anymore?

If you mean the previous one (FX sound always on) apllied:

For the CE2: Simple. Just put a wire to connect the Drain and Source of Q8 (near the 1/2 IC1).
For the CS2: It a little bit harder. First: put a wire to connect the Drain and Source of Q3 (near the LEVEL pot), like CE2 above. Than, instead of using a wire, put a high value resistor, you can try 5-10Meg first, at the Q2 Drain and Source pin. If this does not work,  you have to desolder the Q2.

M. IqbaL
Jakarta

sjaltenb

Migbal,

thanks so much for the reply. I am putting these two effects into a large Pete Cornish type board. I connecting the input/output to a 3PDT switch to true bypass them. So, what you descibed will keep the fx sound always on, which is what i would need if the effect was true bypassed, correct??

Thanks!!!!!