Adapting the Dunlop univibe control pedal for use with the Neovibe

Started by Solidhex, December 25, 2007, 05:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solidhex

Happy Holidays all!

Got a $50 online gift certificate to Musicians Friend (too bad it wasn't small bear haha!) I saw the Dunlop univibe control pedal was on sale for not much over $50. Has anyone used one with the neovibe? It has a pot with a switch in it, so it uses the "cancel" function of the univibe to stop the effect when the rocker is all the way back. The instructions say it uses a stereo guitar cable? Seems strange considering 5 connections need to be made for the pot and the bypass.  How would I wire it up so that the internal speed control is bypassed when the pedal is plugged in? Or does anyone know how the dunlop one is wired? I wonder if there's room there just to stick the whole univibe board?

--getting nerdy on Christmas, Brad

Dai H.

seems the pot isn't the same if you look at this link:

http://www.analogman.com/vibecont.htm

I also happen to have a controller pedal I bought used some time ago so I hope I can make good use of it.

RedHouse

Quote from: Solidhex on December 25, 2007, 05:02:43 PM...does anyone know how the dunlop one is wired? ...

The Dunlop uni-vibe is different than the original (or clones we build) it has a bunch of additional control circuitry not present in our beloved univibes and I believe it uses a ctrl voltage to control the speed. It might use that Vactrol in the lower center of the pic but I don't really know for sure.

Here is a blurry pic of the Dunlop UV-1 board:

Solidhex

Ah

That makes a lot of sense. Seems the only way to accomplish controlling speed and bypass via a stereo cable. Oh well. Thanks for the info!

--Brad