News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

ring mod ?s

Started by bonkdav, January 01, 2008, 11:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonkdav

I really want a ring modulator in my rig and ive been searching for the right one.  The best bet ive seen is the Thing Modulator.  All i really need is the frequency and level controls so its perfect.  The thing is all smallbear has is the LM567 and it calls for an LMC567.  is there a huge differerence? if so can somebody help me out in sourcing that part. otherwise im open for suggestions to ring mod builds.

Thanks,

Davis

bonkdav

i found them www.futurlec.com had them. they also have quite a few other good components at reasonable prices.

djwackfriz

It's true, Futurlec has some really excellent pricing and cheap shipping, but be prepared to wait upwards of a month, since they ship from Thailand. Everything I've ordered from them has been good quality and well packed, but it takes quite a while to get it. Take advantage and stock up on stuff you'll need for the future all at once!

tcobretti

I bought mine from Futurlec, and it took a while but nothing unreasonable.  Yes, you absolutely have to have the LMC567, not the LM.  I like the Thing Mod very much, but had to tack a booster onto the end of up to get the volume up to a reasonable level.

There is another ring mod that I haven't built that is simple and supposed to be very good and also simple called the Nyquist Aliaser. There are two versions, you want to build the CMOS version.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

LMC567? Digikey & Jameco. Under a buck at Jameco.