Unknown Pot Value

Started by kurtlives, January 04, 2008, 10:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurtlives

http://www.4thlevelmedia.com/JCM800Emulator-Parts.jpg

My buddy is building this project but he encountered a problem, no vlaues on the pot. I cant think why it would not have that. Any help would be great.

Thanks... :icon_cool:
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

miqbal

No values on Q1-Q6 either...
M. IqbaL
Jakarta

kurtlives

I figure they are J201s but if anyone thinks otherwise please tell me.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

miqbal

Here you go:

Need a little effort... ;)
M. IqbaL
Jakarta

kurtlives

My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

kurtlives

One other thing. Can someone give me a rough idea of what the trimmers should be set at?

Voltage or resistance is fine.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

miqbal

Hope this will help: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=55198.0

Its about Dr.Boogey btw, started by gaussmarkov, but I think it has a lot of infos inside.

Keep update this, kurt. Wonder to hear the result.
Happy metallic sound...
M. IqbaL
Jakarta

kurtlives

Thanks....Like I said this build is not mine it is a friends but I will try to keep you guys updated.

This seems like it could get pretty high gain. Should the normal high gain wiring rules apply? Don't cross wires...keep them short....use shielded wire for input output..use shielded wire for volumes...gain and treble.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

miqbal

Well, I have zero experience on stacked FET circuitry, but comparing to Dr.Boogey's circuit, looks like JCM800Emulator is also another beast.
IMO, good shielding is a must.
M. IqbaL
Jakarta

kurtlives

Ya I have already been telling my buddy all about that. I talked to him about what wire to use and don't cross your wires and get you IN and OUT as far away form each other.

Also if anyone had a vero layout that would be great.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

kurtlives

So how does this wire work? http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=86

Is there two leads in the insulations? Does one go to ground and the other to the joint?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

miqbal

M. IqbaL
Jakarta

kurtlives

Thanks...

Where would you use it in the JCM800. Both INs and OUTs...anywhere else?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

drewl

Man, you crazy pedal people....
It pretty much IS a JCM800 2203/2204 all the way up to the output section, so all you need to do is throw into a power amp and away you go.....
foe me it's alot easier to just build the damn tube amp.....I've built this preamp with tubes with some footswitchable goodies to use with my tube power amps....
you pedal people is crazy...

kurtlives

So with this whole shielded wire thing.

On one end the copper braid is cut off and its just a normal wire. But on the other end there is the normal wire but you also have to connect the copper braid. Now does the copper braid go to the ground or where the other wire is going?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

miqbal

Quote from: kurtlives on January 06, 2008, 11:29:20 PM
So with this whole shielded wire thing.

On one end the copper braid is cut off and its just a normal wire. But on the other end there is the normal wire but you also have to connect the copper braid. Now does the copper braid go to the ground or where the other wire is going?

The copper braid (the hard wire at the center) is the signal line, the stranded wires goes to ground rail.
M. IqbaL
Jakarta