Let's see those pedalboards!!

Started by DanielWong, January 04, 2008, 11:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomeeque

GALLERY: Pro Pedalboards Volume I - in case somebody is interested by those (mostly) non-DIY losers.. :icon_wink: T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

tuckster

• SUPPORTER

Gila_Crisis

so so, this is my new "final" board

phector2004

Quote from: Gila_Crisis on December 14, 2010, 06:47:13 AM
so so, this is my new "final" board

Cool setup

Isn't that a HOG expression pedal?  :icon_eek:

Where are you hiding it?!?! Or is it for the eventide?

teej212

its just an M-Audio EXP pedal. theyre pretty common

Gila_Crisis

Quote from: teej212 on December 14, 2010, 03:28:15 PM
its just an M-Audio EXP pedal. theyre pretty common

Yep, that's it! I'm using it to control the Timefactor.
The whole chain is running like this:
Digitech Whammy > EH Micro POG > Demeter Compulator+Boss SG1 (DIY clones, the blue pedal on top right) > Korg DT10 > Ernie Ball VP Jr. > WMD Super Fatman > EH Small Stone > Eventide Timefactor > Brunetti Overtone2

There's only 1 DIY pedal inside there (and the little footswitch in the middle, which is also an external controller for the TF).
Around I have many other DIYs pedals (tremulus lune, clone theory, some BigMuffs and fuzzs, a pair of overdrives, etc...), but actually in this setup I have all the stuff I really need!

Willybomb

Gudday all, first time post - thought I'd share so please be gentle with me.  I've always been into a bit of poorly executed DIY and modding guitars, but I've just started on pedals.  Anyway, here's my board:

It started off with a bit of inspiration from Pedaltrain, Emma, Trailertrash, and the enternal Gorm thread.  So I checked out Bunnings, found the equivalent of the Gorm and felt it was a touch fragile/soft.  So I found some "quick-connect" aluminum and the joiners that go with it.  I got it cut to size at a local fab shop as I don't have a vice or the ability to do a square cut.

Notice the wider gap up top.  This is so I can mount a Behringer Ultra-GI underneath.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Basic layout

Drilling out the power and patch holes in the perspex top.

Painted top

Glued and screwed

Side shot

Full Frontal

The chain is:

Boss A/B pedal for swapping guitars -> Behringer TU-300 tuner -> Morely Bad Horsie wah -> DS-1 w/ASE+Ultra mods -> Blackstar HT-Dual -> Behringer FX-600 ->Biyang Tri-reverb -> Behringer Ultra-GI.  Powered via Visual Sound One-Spot and a bog standard Blackstar PSU for the HT-Dual underneath the board.

If anyone cares, the Biyang reverb is actually pretty good.

amptramp

Gentle?  Willybomb, you deserve a hearty pat on the back for what you have accomplished!  Hope it doesn't dislocate a vertebra.  This has to be one of the neatest, most professional looking and functional pedalboards in this thread.

Willybomb

Thanks mate.  The board itself is very light due to the aluminium.  The bloody HT-Dual on the other hand....

Anyone know where I can get sheets of the loop velcro?  Currently each pedal is individually velcro'd down but I'd like to cover the top for a bit more freedom.

blooze_man

Hardware stores should have velcro.
Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Willybomb

QuoteHardware stores should have velcro.
Yeah, they do, but getting it in anything wider than an inch is proving to be a bit difficult.  Finding it in sheets is fairly impossible, although I've seen it in places other than AU.

I have some spare time tomorrow so I'm going to check out a few places and see what turns up.

boog

@jordan: spoiled by FB; no 'like' button  :icon_confused:  dunno what to do! & they're actually about ready to be retired; the tread is about to fall off :icon_sad:

differo

@Willybomb - what's inside Biyang reverb?? what are they using for reverberation? I'm really curious:)
My youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BeToneful

Rebote2.5,MXR dist+,DrBoogie,BSIAB2,Ross Compressor&Phaser,MXR EnvFilt &Noise Gate,TS808,Condor CabSim,SansampGT2,Fraverb,Small Clone,TremLune,ValveCaster

Willybomb

No idea actually, I haven't opened it up to find out - wouldn't mean much to me anyway.   :icon_sad:  It does sound nice on moderate settings though as it has a stupid amount of reverb tail when everything's maxxed out.  I generally use the "hall" setting with both knobs set around 11 o'clock.  The "room" setting seems to just be a shorter reverb time at the same settings (who would have thought that), and "Spring" sounds pretty much like the other 2.  I'm not sure what the A/B mode switch is intended to do, but "A" has some faint underlying noise/dirt/distortion while "B" is as clean as a whistle, and is much clearer to listen to - surprisingly so given how minimal the dirt in "A" is.

Someone else on the tripri forums thinks much the same as I do (after googling "inside biyang reverb"):  The Biyang seems to take ONE model of reverb, and by changing the length of the decay divides it into 3 modes, room, spring, and hall. But I don't really hear any "spring" in the spring model, or any "hall" in the hall model, they are just smaller & bigger verbs.

I gotta laugh though, I made a couple of those right angled patchleads with the flat circular heads (not a lot of space between the pedals in a couple of cases) just to find that they don't fit through the holes I'd drilled in the top.  So, I removed one jack, threaded it through where it had to go and resoldered it on.   :icon_redface:

the3secondrule

just set up my new board the other day:

the signal goes:
SHO > fuzzfactory > stripped down bigmuff Pi > hotcake > modded super overdrive > custom wah w/ input/output buffers > tuner > analog delay (DM2 clone w/ modulation)> modded mxr phase 90 > modded boss TR2 > amp
"Rock music is mostly about moving big black boxes from one side of town to the other in the back of your car."

Thomeeque

Latest status of My 1st PedalboardTM:

:) T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

blooze_man

That's a crazy bass drum sitting back there.
Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

shiner_man