Let's see those pedalboards!!

Started by DanielWong, January 04, 2008, 11:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amptramp

Don't let the effects fool you, they are just for show.  Everything is run by the supercomputer in the Altoids tin.

rousejeremy

My pedalboard and setup for the Cats tour.

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

Thomeeque

Reconfigured again, this state should stick for a while - I have finally replaced last borrowed pedal (P100) and there's everything I need for now..

Click pic for hi-res, more pics and info here..

:) T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

cloudscapes

Gonna be productive as hell this month! I'm taking on the RPM feb challenge with 4 long-ish songs, and I need to start preparing for two solid gigs early next month.

Moved stuff back to the "comfy room" and not on the floor. Ditched a bunch of pedals, added others. 2880 as main looper. Got the DS hooked up to bitrman and timefactor. everything goes into alesis nanoverb, RNC and the mixer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Taylor

Cool, this looks a lot like some of my older setups, before DIY. I'm interested in possibly DIYing the PDS8000, any chance you'd be able to post gut shots? I know it's going to be insane in there.

BTW, how do you like the Xaviere jazzmaster copy? I just bought one of the new ones - my first guitar - waiting for it to show up. I saw on some other forum that you had one, wondering if you had some thoughts?

cloudscapes

that's my drone/ambient/electroacoustic setup. for those of you who wonder what the hell I'm thinking  :icon_biggrin:

here you got
http://nearworlds.org/stuff/pds8000_guts.jpg
the ic in the top right that looks rubbed out but actually isn't is:
M 411024PP15C
AT&T2948674

I really love the Xaviere! the neck is kind of the weak point, but so far I'm living with it. the electronics sound better (less hum/noise, and overall cripser) than my SG which cost 5 times as much.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Taylor

Awesome, thanks for all that info. I was up late last night looking at schematics for some of these old samplers. It would actually be possible to DIY these with some parts substitutions (seems the DAC Digitech used is impossible to find now), but I'm wondering if there might be better ways. I get pretty excited about PCBs with ridiculous amounts of CMOS chips on them, though.

I will be buying some of your music once I figure out how to do so on your site...  ;)

cloudscapes

Quote from: Taylor on February 06, 2011, 09:43:27 PM
Awesome, thanks for all that info. I was up late last night looking at schematics for some of these old samplers. It would actually be possible to DIY these with some parts substitutions (seems the DAC Digitech used is impossible to find now), but I'm wondering if there might be better ways. I get pretty excited about PCBs with ridiculous amounts of CMOS chips on them, though.

I will be buying some of your music once I figure out how to do so on your site...  ;)

ooff.  :icon_biggrin: that site is terribly outdated (latest update 2006?)
my new one is more betterer
http://dronecloud.org/
I keep meaning to have the nearworlds.org index page redirect to this
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

wavley

New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

Taylor

Quote from: wavley on February 10, 2011, 03:44:05 PM

:o

I see a copper pedal hidden in there.... could it be??? The mythical JW circuit box?

wavley

You caught me!! I built a circuit box with a burst button  :icon_twisted:

Actually, it's just an isolation transformer and an attenuator, I'm using the +4 Balanced out on the RE-501 Space Echo, just trying to keep things from humming.  I put it in one of those radio shack plastic boxes, I had some copper tape laying around so tried to shield it.

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

guitarman89

Quote from: Thomeeque on February 05, 2011, 04:52:55 PM
Reconfigured again, this state should stick for a while - I have finally replaced last borrowed pedal (P100) and there's everything I need for now..

Click pic for hi-res, more pics and info here..

:) T.

what is that little switch before the wha?
built: MXR Dist+,dod250-280,dr boogey,IC buffers,cmos drive,multiface,20W SS pwr amps,phase90,tubescreamer,rat,amzMB,wuly mammoth,dod280,zombie chorus
under constur:60W 3886 amp,jcm800 em
www.myspace.com/guitarmanbll
www.myspace.com/filospinatopunk

Thomeeque

Quote from: guitarman89 on February 13, 2011, 07:45:01 AM
Quote from: Thomeeque on February 05, 2011, 04:52:55 PM

what is that little switch before the wha?

Hi!

It's a order switch (juggler) switching order of pre-amp (Bakery) and phaser.

And it's after wha actually :) Wah is heavily modified, one of modifications is that IN and OUT jacks are switched - I'm lefty plus signal traveling from the left to the right always seemed more logical to me (so all my DIY stompboxes are builded this way).

Thanks for your interest :) T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

guitarman89

NICE! It looks so right for a left player :)
built: MXR Dist+,dod250-280,dr boogey,IC buffers,cmos drive,multiface,20W SS pwr amps,phase90,tubescreamer,rat,amzMB,wuly mammoth,dod280,zombie chorus

pazuzu

huh, i'm a righty and i have always used my left foot on the wah.

guitarman89

Quote from: pazuzu on February 13, 2011, 11:02:57 AM
huh, i'm a righty and i have always used my left foot on the wah.
me too, but it's more logical for a lefty imaging an inverted way throught the chain. amazing :)

rousejeremy

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

wavley

Quote from: rousejeremy on February 15, 2011, 05:01:25 PM
Quote from: wavley on February 10, 2011, 03:44:05 PM

Gotta love those old Traynors. Are they stock?

Not at all, no big heavy mods, I love the character of Traynors but I needed to bend them to my will so I changed a bunch of values, got rid of the cap in the negative feedback of the YSR, did some tube life stuff, stopped blocking distortion, lowered the noise, beefed up the power supply, variable bias, the most intrusive thing I did was change the Bass Mate to Cathode bias and replace the speaker with a Standel/Trusonic.  More just tweaks than mods, everything is reversible.  I do have a dead stock '60 YSR-1 and matching 2-15 cab on the other side of the room.

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

Jimi W

Here's a pedalboard I built for a friend in the band LostAlone. Got this ready for their current tour supporting My Chemical Romance in Uk and Europe. It contains 5 of my Star Wars themed pedals, M Pi Strikes back (Big Muff clone), Han Solo (NPN Boost), Klaatubescreamer (Tubescreamer clone) and ABYX Wing (Custom ABYX switcher) and an Echobase (which started the whole Star Wars theme!)

Yes, there's 2 tuners!! Steven likes to have one on all the time so he can keep an eye on tuning. Probably going to be swapped for a Polytune soon. Seems a bit excessive to me but this guy does use 3 amps!

LED light show!

On stage at Wembley Arena

Sorry for the crap out of focus iPhone pics.

Jimi