Let's see those pedalboards!!

Started by DanielWong, January 04, 2008, 11:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugly_guitar_guy

So here's the new pedal layout. I decided to go back to pedals instead of keeping my GT-10, and this is what I'm gonna want. Routing is a pain in the @$$ but I'm using the 4 cable method with my Mesa Mark V for ULTIMATE TONE VERSATILITY!  :icon_mrgreen:

Still working the kinks out (the Flanger has an intermittent hum/buzz that I can't seem to track down, the mimi Trem is shorting with the baseplate on, and the Green Ringer/Ugly Frog buzzes with a power supply but not a battery). The two blank pedals will be a mini Orange Squeezer and an Echo Base by the end of next week.

Gonna be a crazy new pedal year!
Check out my metal band here: www.facebook.com/hollowshell
or
my personal effects building page here: www.facebook.com/brotronics

DavenPaget

Hiatus

ugly_guitar_guy

Quote from: DavenPaget on December 28, 2011, 02:13:06 PM
Quote from: ugly_guitar_guy on December 28, 2011, 02:03:04 PM

That pedalboard looks familliar ... GORM ?  :icon_mrgreen:

Exactly! i cut the depth down to 18" to fit my pedalboard case and put a 2x3 along the back with a 5 degree angle cut to give it a slant. I also put a diagonal brace underneath for support. Running out of space for power supplies though! This one is a puzzle for sure...
or

DavenPaget

Quote from: ugly_guitar_guy on December 28, 2011, 03:13:06 PM
Exactly! i cut the depth down to 18" to fit my pedalboard case and put a 2x3 along the back with a 5 degree angle cut to give it a slant. I also put a diagonal brace underneath for support. Running out of space for power supplies though! This one is a puzzle for sure...
HOW in the world did you cut the depth down  ???
Oh well , my gorm for now is unpainted , untreated and waiting to have a similar ikea rack to be sawn off partly when i get my rotary tool's cutting disc , stuck onto the bottom .
Hiatus

ugly_guitar_guy

Quote from: DavenPaget on December 28, 2011, 07:16:44 PM
HOW in the world did you cut the depth down  ???
Oh well , my gorm for now is unpainted , untreated and waiting to have a similar ikea rack to be sawn off partly when i get my rotary tool's cutting disc , stuck onto the bottom .

Just used my table saw. You can see the plank along the top is about half the depth of the rest. Simple rip cut, and it missed the nails!
or

Steve Mavronis

Finally completed populating my Pedaltrain Mini that I got for Christmas! The RC-3 is offset so I can plug into the extra jacks if I want to.

Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

aflynt

I just finished this grab and go / rehearsal board tonight. I just use the PS-5 for detuned chorusing. Guitar Center had it on clearance for $85.

T.C. Polytune -> Tajidrive (Madbean Serendipity Zendrive Clone) -> Boss PS-5 (modified for true bypass) -> MXR Carbon Copy

-Aaron

rockhorst

Here's a recent version of my 'big' board that I did a jam gig with. Shame I always have to choose between either a wah or a volume pedal to fit on the board...Alternatively, since the wah is first in the chain, I could place it right next to the board...But that sorta defeats the point of a pedal board 8). Anyway, here goes:

Stratocaster -> Real McCoy RMC 1 wah -> MXR Bass Octave Deluxe (yes, for guitar) -> AMZ Mini Booster -> MadBean Grapevine on 16V -> MadBean Mudbunny (muff, Russian spec) -> Korg DT-10 Tuner (also acting as a kill switch between songs and switching guitars) -> Carbon Copy. Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus mounted underneath.

The reason for the 16V on the Grapevine is because of the caps rating. It runs fine on 18V but I decided to be conservative, since there is no difference in sound between 16 and 18V (big difference from 9V though!). It runs on the two SAG controlled outputs of the Pedal Power that's mounted underneath.

Be aware: my boards change about every week ;)

Nucleon FX - PCBs at the core of tone

DavenPaget

O_O stratoblaster in such a big box !
Hiatus

rockhorst

Quote from: DavenPaget on January 05, 2012, 08:05:24 PM
O_O stratoblaster in such a big box !

Somebody failed to return my booster (and didn't return my calls) when I had to go gigging. So I rapidly threw together a new one with parts I had in stock. I was out of small boxes :icon_rolleyes: Hence...
Nucleon FX - PCBs at the core of tone

DavenPaget

Quote from: rockhorst on January 06, 2012, 06:09:50 AM
Somebody failed to return my booster (and didn't return my calls) when I had to go gigging. So I rapidly threw together a new one with parts I had in stock. I was out of small boxes :icon_rolleyes: Hence...
I feel your dilemma  :icon_mrgreen:
Hiatus

Steve Mavronis

Finally finished my Pedaltrain Mini pedal board rig and feeling pretty satisfied with it! Here are updated photographs I shot this morning showing the top and bottom this time. I never had a real pedal board before. My biggest challenge was deciding on how and where to tie down the daisy chain power cable. I hope my wiring job looks neat and tidy.

Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

knealebrown

Ok so this is a big board but im using everything on it atm for the few bands im playing with. Totaly rewired the power section and audio cables to correct lengths and made it the most versatile board ive ever had. I overcame the stage real estate problems of a large board by building the mic stand into the board. (can just be seen on one of the pics)

''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

skullservant

Got settled back into my apartment the other day and immediately put a new board together. Nice ambient loops into my Valve Jr and 4x12!

azrael

CurtisWCole

Just something I set up. It's always evolving. Crappy Iphone pic...sorry.

Curtis
Composers shouldn't think too much - it interferes with their plagiarism.
Howard Dietz

skullservant

Quote from: azrael on January 18, 2012, 04:43:18 PM
what DOD is that?

DOD DFX9 Digital Delay! I put the trimpots on the outside for on the fly adjustment

azrael

Nice, I have one too! awesome lo-fi delay.

nicofx

Here's my new grab 'n go board! Everything u need on a Pedaltrain Nano ;D

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg