Let's see those pedalboards!!

Started by DanielWong, January 04, 2008, 11:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Mavronis

New Pedal Day Sparkle on November 27. My new 2013 limited edition DOD Phasor 201 and DOD Overdrive Preamp 250 vintage reissue pedals arrived at my house! Thanks to Tom/Digitech for surprising me by sending these out well before they go retail probably in late December. He called me a "Keeper of the Flame" for being such a big fan of the '79 grey spec DOD 250 and thought it was only right I should have the new versions of these vintage classics. What a great guy and company for doing this. Thanks Tom for all you do. I love the metal flake finish. The 250 really looks much better in person than in photos and shines like gold. The new 250 sounds fantastic, just like my 741 OD 'gray spec' clone with a nice thick bottom end and midrange tone! The Phasor is really interesting as I've never used that effect before. I didn't think they could improve on the '79 grey 250 but this new '13 gold DOD 250 Overdrive is the real deal. The Phasor 201 is going to be a great effect to have. Now I'm oozing in vintage mojo and gushing a bit. This new 'gold 250' is a clone killer!

My Pedaltrain Mini can only fit 5 pedals so I'm thinking of doing this new arrangement:

Fender Strat w/YJM-Fury > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > NS2 Send > MXR Dyna Comp > DOD Overdrive Preamp 250 > NS2 Return > NS2 Output > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > DOD Phasor 201 > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Amp Return

I'd need to get a new Dyna Comp (probably for Christmas) to complete the configuration I want and offload the Boss RC-3 because I really don't use it that much. Also I seem to be losing the novelty of using clone pedals in my rig, even the ones I had built for myself! Feels weird at the moment. I'm keeping them though for playing through my Line 6 Toneport GX computer interface when I don't feel like disturbing the peace with my tube practice amp.

So here's my current pedalboard layout since getting the new DOD pedals. Everything sounds pretty good together! I like minimalist rigs.

Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

deadastronaut

^ very posh, and leds too at last...

i'd like to hear the phasor ..

looks cool man.. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Steve Mavronis

Jmwreck, I like your graphics. How are they applied to the surface?
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

jmwreck

Quote from: Steve Mavronis on November 30, 2013, 11:01:05 AM
Jmwreck, I like your graphics. How are they applied to the surface?
thanks. I used a sketch pad, print in high quality, spray painted with clear coat and double sided taped to the enclosure.

cloudscapes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

pickdropper

Quote from: cloudscapes on December 09, 2013, 07:21:00 PM
yep

That's a nice setup.  My only fear would be that I'd get "gonged" if my playing wasn't up to par that day.  :-)

cloudscapes

Quote from: pickdropper on December 10, 2013, 01:34:24 PM
That's a nice setup.  My only fear would be that I'd get "gonged" if my playing wasn't up to par that day.  :-)

In this case, the gong is actually what's being played. ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

pickdropper

Quote from: cloudscapes on December 10, 2013, 06:53:41 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on December 10, 2013, 01:34:24 PM

In this case, the gong is actually what's being played. ;)

I wonder if anybody ever played a gong on The Gong Show.  Seems like a good way to beat the system.

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: pickdropper on December 10, 2013, 08:53:19 PM
I wonder if anybody ever played a gong on The Gong Show.  Seems like a good way to beat the system.

Oh my sides!   That sounds like a Steven Wright joke.  :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

smurfedelic smurfberry

You should put a piezo or seven on that thing and connect it to a bunch of different effects and record it! :D
Hi! My name is Petter and I'm from Sweden. This is my blog: http://ptelectronics.tumblr.com

cloudscapes

Oh I intend to  ;D With room mics picking up both the gong and the amp, it sounds like this:
http://dronecloud.org/stuff/killgong.mp3
(ambient/drone content)

I was so dangerously close to feeding back all the time that I had to hold back. Contact mics and headphones will be really necessary.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

haveyouseenhim

WOW   We've got ourselves a Brian Eno over here  :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

slacker

Nice, my first thought on seeing the picture was "I have to hear this".

fretzburner

roseblood11

looks interesting!
Can you explain the wiring please?
And what does that switch box for the Zoom ms-70 do? Looks like a preset switch?

fretzburner

Guitar-in "through" the exp pedal-blue pedal(compressor/acoustic sim)-yellow green pedal(sweet honey od/pinnacle/dbd)-out "through" zoom switcher-amp
exp pedal controlling volume circuit inside yellow green pedal.
cdr connected at fx loop of yellow green pedal.
zoom switcher for left/right-on/off switch for each fx selection-selected within a patch and in conjunction with the stock switch can scroll memory patches A-B-etc.

My other bigger board for 2013(3 channel preamp board)

image search

how to do a screen shot

kingswayguitar

Schizo910

peterg

Fretzburner - the colour burst finish on some of your pedals is great!