Let's see those pedalboards!!

Started by DanielWong, January 04, 2008, 11:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterg

jmwreck -  Cute board! Can you provide details? Is it DIY? If so what are the parts used?

jmwreck

Quote from: peterg on December 14, 2015, 07:21:04 PM
jmwreck -  Cute board! Can you provide details? Is it DIY? If so what are the parts used?

Hi peterg, thanks. it's a DIY board made by my friend, it's very light but I'm not sure what type of wood though, he added a red tolex for the finish. I also asked him to attached an i/o locking jacks and AC socket at the right side of the board. Underneath the board, I have a DIY sonic stomp pedal that is ON all the time.

peterg

apollomusicservice

My custom made pedalboard with custom made pedals.
1. Tremolo Lune
2. Rioter, distortion
3. the P, modern fuzz
4. Uni Vibe
5. Throttle, distortion
6. Tube preamp overdrive
left to right, order in chain (6, 3, 5, 2, 4, 1) still in progress

Cozybuilder

Love that "Throttle Distortion"

What is it - Carter? Holley? Weber? etc
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

bluebunny

Quote from: apollomusicservice on February 20, 2016, 08:00:12 AM
My custom made pedalboard with custom made pedals.

Cool! Looks like something out of the science museum. [emoji41]
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Hatredman

Those naked tubes too close to the stomp switch gives me the creeps...
Kirk Hammet invented the Burst Box.

Bobandy

Very disorganized at the moment.  I have been changing things up a lot lately and until I find the setup I like, it is going to look messy.  I dont care.

SnowStorm

This is my new custom pedalboard.  It is pine with a walnut stain.  I built it to have a small compartment to hide the cables and the power cord.  I can open it up by pulling the nails on each side (they are nice and snug) and then opening the hinged panel.  I would update the design slightly by making the hinged compartment slightly bigger.  My measurements were off somewhere and the compartment is about 1/8th of an inch to narrow.  If it were slightly wider I could turn the Caline pedal sideways and then hide one inside the compartment and then close the top down.

Front View Closed:

Front View Open:

Side View Closed:

Mustang Controllers on top:

The next update that is still in progress will be a top slips over the pedals and gets pinned down (like the nails holding the current lid) that will protect the pedals during transport.  This was one afternoon of building and about $32 total in supplies (2' of 1"x12" pine for the bottom, 1"x2" sides and back, 3/4"x3" poplar for top, small hinges with screws and one roll of pedalboard tape).  I had the tools, sandpaper and stain.  Little rubber feet will be added to the bottom at some point.

jmwreck

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

tuxedo3

Not mine, but one I did custom for a friend.

Elijah-Baley

«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»
Elijah Baley in Isaac Asimov's The Cave Of Steel

stallik

I've got a gig coming up where foot space is likely to be at a premium so I put together a small pedalboard for the occasion. As it's likely to be used quite regularly, I thought I'd bling it up a bit by using some 10mm black acrylic I had laying around. This stuff cuts easily but if you want a smooth glossy edge, you have to sand the edge flat then go to it with a flame. You're meant to use a very hot burning gas but I managed ok with a mini flame torch and some patience. The edges will expand if they're not sandwiched between metal flats. I used 3mm alluminium which was effective then buffed the edges. Looks good - to a blind man on a galloping horse.

Added some blue led's to the front running off DeadAstro's simple sound to light circuit housed in a box underneath. Pedals in order are Tuner, Compressor, Vox 810, Spitfire, Zendrive/SHO, PT80 delay, Chasm reverb, Ditto looper. Also has a switch for the graphic on my amp and the whole thing runs on a daisy chained 1 spot power supply.

Riser hides the cables underneath so it all looks quite neat BUT. Acrylic generates static. Static attracts dust. Black shows up dust. This thing is going to look rubbish pretty quickly. Maybe I should build 1590a versions of everything and start again...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

amptramp

^^^

There are coatings used for ESD-sensitive areas that go on as a clear liquid but dry to a clear solid that is conductive enough to mitigate the dust problem.  I have a sample-size jug of Staticide Acrylic that would be a good addition to your board.

stallik

Thanks for the info Ron, ACL Staticide appears to be available in the UK - I'll give it a try
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Willypp

So:  Tuner, Brian May Treble Booster, SHO (one, the other, TB into SHO via rotary), Zendrive or Englishman, Plexidrive, Porkbarrel CE-2, Deep Blue Sea w/Tap, Rubadub, Klon buffer (split to 1/4 output), Bloviator, Lart's Simplecabsim, split to 1/4 and XLR outputs via THC Linedriver.  Powered by a Joyo Pedal Power battery thing.

garyg

Quote from: Elijah-Baley on April 06, 2017, 02:00:48 PM
DIY Pedalboard for DIY Pedals. :D

I like your use of a laptop bag, hadn't thought of that before but makes a lot of sense considering the size of the average pedal.