Let's see those pedalboards!!

Started by DanielWong, January 04, 2008, 11:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ayayay!

I know this thread is old but I like looking at others PBs, so here's pretty much what I've been playing.  I've already subbed out the CS-3 for a DIY LPB.  Added an LED to the true bypass loop.  Most every pedal there but the Boss Twins has been heavily modified.   ;D

Oh yeah and the tap tempo is being replaced this weekend with a tiny one. 

The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

frank_p

Quote from: ayayay! on July 12, 2008, 07:25:25 PM

Where is the tap tempo is connected ? I can't see (for what effect ?)

ayayay!

It's the Bespeco switch on the left next to the Boss DD-20.   ;D

Also I know it's weird to have the wah on the left but I'm a lefty and I like it there. 
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

frank_p

liddokun

Quote from: ayayay! on July 12, 2008, 09:20:56 PM
It's the Bespeco switch on the left next to the Boss DD-20.   ;D

Also I know it's weird to have the wah on the left but I'm a lefty and I like it there. 

That's ok, I'm a rightie and I like to have my wah on the left as well.  :icon_mrgreen:
To those about to rock, we salute you.

DougH

I know this thread is old but I like looking at others PBs, so here's pretty much what I've been playing.  I've already subbed out the CS-3 for a DIY LPB.  Added an LED to the true bypass loop.  Most every pedal there but the Boss Twins has been heavily modified.   ;D

That looks really nice. My only comment is it seems like you would have to step gingerly to turn on that Phase 90. :icon_wink:

I think my feet are just clumsy. I have 2 rows and my "2nd tier" stuff doesn't get switched on/off a lot. I moved stuff like my roto machine down to the first tier because I kept knocking the knobs out of wack on other pedals trying to reach it. :icon_wink:

BTW, how do you like your roto-machine?
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

ayayay!

Quoteit seems like you would have to step gingerly to turn on that Phase 90.

Surprisingly it has been fine, but it doesn't matter now anyway because I yanked that DOD FX50 pedal last night.  That thing does not play nice with other pedals.  I suspect the input impedence is the problem there.  I did build the smaller tap tempo switch so now my DynaComp is straight up rather than sideways.  The CS-3 has been replaced with my DIY LPB.  :)

I'm running out of patience with the Roto-Machine.  Why does Line6 never take the time to refine their products?  It can acheive great sounds, but if I turn on the compressor or tube screamer or swap guitars I have to re-tweak everything on it.  It should have a freaking volume knob for crying out loud.  I've been thinking about building a tiny TB loop with a passive volume control on it becuase it's often way above unity gain, but dangit the Line6 engineers should be thinking of this crap, not me.  Also I've had this and the Echo Park and I just have to say those Tone Core docks suck.  I don't like tapping the same pedal to kill the effect or set the time.  It's too touchy.  Typical Line6. 

any

Setup for band 1:

Setup for band 2:

The Rivera TBR-1M is one amazing amp, I was sad to see it go...
(actually sold all of my rack gear)
It's supposed to sound that way.

cloudscapes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

eleanor296

dude.... that's a nice board!
You got an Atoner?  I've been wanting to build one of their pedals for a while now.
Awesome.

~Andy

liddokun

Here's mine.  Top right corner is for an EQ pedal I still have yet to get, and to the left of the tuner is a space for a Flanger and/or phaser I still have yet to buy.

To those about to rock, we salute you.

iaresee

cloudscapes: killer setup man. And can I add: I miss my iRiver. The iPod just ain't the same. I used that iRiver for *everything* when I had it: listening to tunes, recording rehearsals -- sad day when it died. Are you running the Rockbox OS on it? I had a lot of fun hacking that.

Back to boards....

Here's what I *was* running:

The white paper spots got filled in with an EHX Holier Grail, an empress tremolo -- the Carbon Copy is still on order actually.

But in raising funds for AxeFx I purged. A lot. And now I'm down to:

I've got an AMZ MOSFET booster, AMZ Ge buffer and a Bosstone that are semi-finished that'll get worked in to the whole thing some how. But that's it now. The AxeFx should cover the modulation stuff. I'll keep the fuzz and stuff out in front of it 'cause it's supposed to take pedals well. All that remains is to sell the Koch. Crazy.

Xavier

This is mine. I had a huge sized pedalboard until 2 weeks ago. This is great if you don't gig much, but my back started to complain, so...........

I bought a medium sized pedalboard case which also acts as a self-limiter  :icon_mrgreen:. Can't use many pedals, so that's good.

As for the pedals, modded CS3 with the usual mods, Direct Drive, Dr. Boogey, AMZ mosfet booster (soon to be replaced by an eq pedal for more flexibility), volume, DC2 and DD7.

BTW the FV50 sucks tone ONLY if you use the tuner out (biggest case of tone suckage I've ever experienced  :icon_eek:), otherwise it works good

petemoore

I just ripped the 'junk' out of mine.
  It had recieved sidways-rain water damage.
  Onlything I built that died was a DIST+, in a DOD box with no battery cover = rain door open.
  Two factory pedals went down enough to have to pull them...
  and I found  a hideous 6'' patch cable that was a major tonesucker without something driving it [I guess it just went bad or I had something driving it all the time].
  Strong bypass signal once again, looper box makes [final] testing that quite easy...ferreting out the tonesuckers took about 20 minutes [seemed like an hour] of playing 'operator' [one ringy dingy]...pulling cables and cabling around...my boxes are not easy to unplug because of their proximity to other boxes.
  I put the ~Rosscomp and Wah before the looper, so I can have comp, then add whatever I want for dist/Fuzz/preboost/w/boost...on one switch... I'm liking this pedal order.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

DougH

Quote from: Xavier on August 01, 2008, 09:08:50 AM

Nice! How do you like your Dimension C?

I've got the Behringer clone (CC300) on backorder.
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

Ben N

Cloudscapes, i LOVE that you have the Chuck Taylors as part of your pedalboard setup, LOL. Reminds me of a friend's VW Rabbit--that thing had such a stiff clutch that it hurt his left foot through ordinary shoes, so he kept a single left workboot in the car permanently and never started the car without changing into it.
  • SUPPORTER

moritz

Quote from: cloudscapes on January 05, 2008, 09:05:39 PM
more of a pedalrug :)

I think I'll get rid of the dd20 now that I've gotten the hang of looping on the SMM/H

love the sonic alienator Paul! :)

Nice setup!
...and are those little wooden "shelves" ikea shoe racks?

moritz

Cool board! I noticed that your Dyna Comp has a green LED and different knobs. Is it internally modded too? I'm thinking of doing some tweaks on mine...

B_of_H

signal:

Guitar>Orange Squeezer (diy-perfboard)>dual loop*(diy)>Vox Clyde McCoy>EB jr>Custom Boost-A/B loop#(BYOC TS808, BSIAB II)>AMP Send>BYOC Optical Comp>BYOC Tremolo>DD20>AMP return

* = Loop A is Boss OC-2, Loop B to tuner output of tuner connected to Digitech GNX3 sometimes

# = Paul C's Fat Bastard (perfboard) and A/B switcher DIY

eleanor296

Quote from: cloudscapes on January 05, 2008, 09:05:39 PM
more of a pedalrug :)

I think I'll get rid of the dd20 now that I've gotten the hang of looping on the SMM/H

love the sonic alienator Paul! :)

hey Cloudscapes, you still using that MXR 10-band EQ?  :icon_mrgreen: