Let's see those pedalboards!!

Started by DanielWong, January 04, 2008, 11:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yorick

Quote from: blooze_man on July 13, 2011, 03:35:02 PM
Unless he reused the housing, it's a Biyang pedal

I know I've got the same one.  :icon_mrgreen:

ugly_guitar_guy

This isn't my pedalboard, but I figured I should share anyway. This is Eric Johnson's pedal board from his show I saw last night in Santa Ana, CA. Incredible concert! Enjoy  ;D

Check out my metal band here: www.facebook.com/hollowshell
or
my personal effects building page here: www.facebook.com/brotronics

tuckster

Quote from: space_ryerson on July 13, 2011, 05:06:36 PM
Does the Fame DCT200 power your Space Station? I thought it did 12VAC, not 9VAC?

There is one 12V AC output on the DCT200 just like the similar Harley Benton Power Plant.
  • SUPPORTER

blooze_man

Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

skullservant

Just finished building the wooden platform tonight:

LaceSensor

The Chorus is the biyang, it's a lovely ce2 clone with extra controls. Can't build nicer for the money.

The fane dct200 doesn't power the space station I have a wall wart a present. I am working on dropping down the 12vac to 9v. I tried the 12v and the pedal powered up gut was in content overload. Funnily, the proper wall wrt o have reads 11v ac (!!!)

Sill the 12v dc works for the line 6 just fine, and for the money the power supply is excellent. Isolated outputs, battery sag outlets, lots of mA on tap etc. For £59 it's amazing.

Ben N

Quote from: ugly_guitar_guy on July 15, 2011, 12:11:16 PM
This isn't my pedalboard, but I figured I should share anyway. This is Eric Johnson's pedal board from his show I saw last night in Santa Ana, CA. Incredible concert! Enjoy  ;D

Tube Driver out, TS808 in, no sign of rubber bands on the (grey!) FF, and lots of little boxes that are probably footswitches controlling routing or off-board effects. Lots of George L's.
  • SUPPORTER

space_ryerson

Quote from: LaceSensor on July 16, 2011, 08:22:05 PM
The fane dct200 doesn't power the space station I have a wall wart a present. I am working on dropping down the 12vac to 9v. I tried the 12v and the pedal powered up gut was in content overload. Funnily, the proper wall wrt o have reads 11v ac (!!!)
Ahh, that's too bad. I'd really like to go down to one power supply (I use a WH-2), without spending lots and lots of money.

Thomeeque

Quote from: space_ryerson on July 18, 2011, 12:14:33 AM
Ahh, that's too bad. I'd really like to go down to one power supply (I use a WH-2), without spending lots and lots of money.

Do-It-Yourself, man! ;) Custom PSU for pedalboard is a nice DIY project.. T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

Ben N

Jack Orman has boards for his power supply project again, if that floats your boat.
  • SUPPORTER

PereatMundus

Pre - Preamp pedalboard (non FX-loop pedals those on 2nd board)

Guitars: Westone Prestige 150 - Aria Pro II CS-400BnG
Amps: 5150 - SloClone
Fx: 20+ DIY (100+)
Play: Kraut/Death/Industrial/Noise
Pereat Mundus Et Furia Tempo-Leena Krohn/Schopenhauer

blooze_man

Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

PereatMundus

Quote from: blooze_man on July 18, 2011, 03:08:13 PM
:o

Glad you liked it :)
[If that was a responce to previous post]

clicky
a link to more photos and explanation of most of the boxes on that pedalboard
Guitars: Westone Prestige 150 - Aria Pro II CS-400BnG
Amps: 5150 - SloClone
Fx: 20+ DIY (100+)
Play: Kraut/Death/Industrial/Noise
Pereat Mundus Et Furia Tempo-Leena Krohn/Schopenhauer

wavley

Quote from: Ben N on July 17, 2011, 04:25:45 AM
Quote from: ugly_guitar_guy on July 15, 2011, 12:11:16 PM

Tube Driver out, TS808 in, no sign of rubber bands on the (grey!) FF, and lots of little boxes that are probably footswitches controlling routing or off-board effects. Lots of George L's.

It's REALLY easy to cut George L's to length, so I'm assuming that there is a tone reason that there is a rat's nest of coiled up too long cables on that board  ;)
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

LaceSensor

I like Grunge

Quote from: LaceSensor on July 18, 2011, 09:25:30 PM

Its 10 euro delivery to the UK, I bought it from the same store.

oh ok, i was of the opinion a £ is more worth than an €. This is because I wondered.

space_ryerson

Quote from: Thomeeque on July 18, 2011, 04:04:40 AM
Quote from: space_ryerson on July 18, 2011, 12:14:33 AM

Do-It-Yourself, man! ;) Custom PSU for pedalboard is a nice DIY project.. T.
Do you know of any existing DIY projects that do 9VAC as well? I haven't ventured very far into the world of AC power and transformers, so I haven't figured out how to add a 9VAC out to one of the existing DIY power supply projects that I know of.

amptramp

Do you know of any existing DIY projects that do 9VAC as well? I haven't ventured very far into the world of AC power and transformers, so I haven't figured out how to add a 9VAC out to one of the existing DIY power supply projects that I know of.
[/quote]

I would beware of sending AC directly to a supply or pedal that rectifies it.  The diodes conduct only when the incoming peak voltage exceeds the capacitor voltage (unless you are using a choke input - but nobody does that at 9 VAC) but the average current must equal the time-averaged peak current.  Thus, even if you are powering a pedal like a phaser that may only take 25 mA, the peak currents may be 250 mA and they will contain a lot of harmonics from 60 Hz through RF frequencies.

Thomeeque

Quote from: space_ryerson on July 20, 2011, 05:56:51 PM

You just need to add another transformer inside or you can use multi-winding transformer for your PSU with one winding dedicated to this output.

You should start by creating list of voltages (and currents) you need (now and in the "known" future) for your pedalboard and then design PSU according to this list (and pedal topology - you may or may not need isolated voltages for some /groups of/ pedals). Don't hesitate to start new topic in "Building your own stompbox" section for further discussion.

Quote from: amptramp on July 20, 2011, 09:28:11 PM
I would beware of sending AC directly to a supply or pedal that rectifies it.

For pedal which requires AC he has no other option, does he?

T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!