Stereo Tuner Mute Box Wiring Help ..

Started by benagain, January 18, 2008, 02:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benagain

could anyone advise on how to wire this mute box... its for a dual output guitar ... so both inputs would go into tuner at same time .. thanks ..b

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22746135@N07/2191319143/
Ben P

Andre

Welcome to the forum.

This is how I would wire it:

The LED now lights up in tuner mode.
The resistor value may depend on the LED type you use.

André

benagain

andre ...your awesome!  .. much appreciated ..... :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_mrgreen:
Ben P

benagain

hmm. .. dunno .. tried this wiring but it seems the black wire  connecting the tips of the plugs cant be done .. meaning that it shorts out and messes with the sound ... maybe i need a 4dtdp switch? anyone have suggestion , maybe im wiring wrong ..
Ben P

Andre

My interpretation of your jack symbols was wrong. Sorry.   :icon_redface:

Just wire all the jacks except power jack the other way around.
So, in your diagram all the short pins of the jacks must be connected together.

André

benagain

hey andre
again thanks for the reply .. going to try the other way after work .. thought it may be something simple like that but didnt experiment enough...  let you know how it goes ...thanks  ben
Ben P

Austin73

Ben Just out of interest why do you need to send both signals to the tuner if they are on the same guitar ?

You could just send one signal to the tuner and just leave the other (piezo I persume) muted.

Just thinking you might get impedance problems by just sticking them together.

Aus
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

benagain

1. Adre, made the changes and all is well now .. thanks again  :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:..ben

2. Austin , its a novax 8 string .. output side for bass strings , output for guitar strings, using two different amps .. before the box i had to plug and unplug to tune up and it was a pain ... although you could get 2out of 3 bass strings noticed on the guitar side .. the low e wouldnt tune ..b
Ben P

Austin73

Sorry Ben ,

Thought you had a Parker Fly or something, How did you find both inputs going to the tuner? Do you get lots of hum is is it quite. I have a similar problem wanting pickup select for my Fly and could only come up with something similar but didn't try as I thought it wouldn't work.

Aus
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

benagain

this schem is quite ... and very useful.. :)
Ben P

humanthomas

This post is pretty out of date. However, I really want to build this same thing and the schematic that Andre posted is no longer available. Does anyone have the schematic?  Thanks!

Andre

I still have it here somewhere and I will post it again tonight.

Andre

I believe this is what you're looking for:

humanthomas

That is what i'm looking for!

So the line in's go to pins 4 & 8 and the outs come from 5 & 7?