Check layout for Trotsky Drive

Started by 12milluz, January 21, 2008, 11:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

12milluz

Hi! I'm building the Trotsky Drive and was wondering if someone could check my layout. I am very new at this and I know I may have not done the layout very efficiently, but I still find this makes things easier. Thanks guys!

Original Schematic:

My Perf layout:
Quote from: Processaurus
You need a glade plug-in, in on a footswitch.  Kick on the big muff, then hit the air freshener pedal.

Visit my site: http://www.freewebs.com/12milluzmusic

Austin73

Really hard to see how you have connected your components maybe you could try doing a vero one. I quickly put one together for you its unverified and a bit big but you get the idea.

Aus

Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

ambulancevoice

good luck connecting all those ground connections at ONE point
you dont have to connect everything single ground connection at one point
and the 9v+ doesnt go to the ring of the jack, the 9v - does
your not going to be able to attach a wire to the same point at which c1 is at
just move the wire down a hole and merely jumper it across to c1

and Austin, you do realize that the 50k pot is not a bias pot, but a gain pot?
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

Austin73

yes I did but the pot thing on DIY layout didn't fit. It was just a quick way of showing how to do a layout. I haven't even built this one did it on about 3mins so a know its ropey! lol

Cheers anyway

Aus
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

jpm83

My tip for making layouts is that print first vero or perf template and draw the layout by hand to the paper. For me it has been easier to correct and think for the optimal part placement that way. Then when you have made the layout by hand it's fast to transfer it to layout creator.

Janne

ambulancevoice

Quote from: Austin73 on January 22, 2008, 07:01:02 AM
yes I did but the pot thing on DIY layout didn't fit. It was just a quick way of showing how to do a layout. I haven't even built this one did it on about 3mins so a know its ropey! lol

Cheers anyway

Aus

ah i see haha
:P
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

12milluz

Thanks guys, so its pretty good? I saw the whole +/- 9V issue and the C1 wire issue. Is that all? ???
You need a glade plug-in, in on a footswitch.  Kick on the big muff, then hit the air freshener pedal.

Austin73

Hey Janne,

Cheers for the tip I'm very new to making my own layouts only ever done a Buzz Box before and wasn't really trying to do a goo layout as such I was just trying to show it being easier with a ground strip rather than trying to bunch them all into one hole. Also I was trying to show that you shouldn't be scared of making your own layouts .

But going back to your perf layout it was a bit messy and if you take our advice I'm sure it would work please let us know how you get on and maybe share your experience especially using the 2N2222a rather than the Ge Transistor.

Cheers and good luck

Aus

Dragonfly

12milluz

Actually, would someone be willing to etch a PCB of this for me? PM with details and pricing and such. I can use PayPal. Thanks guys! :)

andrew_k

12milluz: converting Dragonfly's layout from PCB to perfboard would be a very easy exercise, probably a worthwhile one.

$uperpuma

I've got a board I can send you. From Dano's original layout. pm me your address.
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

12milluz