Stripboard layout for BSIAB2

Started by rikkards, January 24, 2008, 06:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikkards

I was wondering if anyone had a vero layout of the BSIAB 2? I did a search here, in the layouts as well as google but couldn't find anything. Can anyone assist before I take this on?
Thanks!!
Pedals built: Kay Fuzztone, Fuzz Face, Foxx Tone Machine, May Queen, Buffer/Booster, ROG Thor, BSIAB2, ROG Supreaux,  Electrictab JCM800 Emulator, ROG Eighteen
Present Project: '98 Jeep TJ

Renegadrian

I have one made by Torchy, I see his album in the gallery is empty and Indyguitarist hasn't got this one...I believe it should be  OK to repost it here, otherwise PM  me and I'll send it to you. Hope that helps...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

rikkards

I came across posts about that Torchy's layout but couldn't find it anywhere.
Sent you a PM.
Thanks!!

Quote from: Renegadrian on January 24, 2008, 06:46:01 AM
I have one made by Torchy, I see his album in the gallery is empty and Indyguitarist hasn't got this one...I believe it should be  OK to repost it here, otherwise PM  me and I'll send it to you. Hope that helps...
Pedals built: Kay Fuzztone, Fuzz Face, Foxx Tone Machine, May Queen, Buffer/Booster, ROG Thor, BSIAB2, ROG Supreaux,  Electrictab JCM800 Emulator, ROG Eighteen

Renegadrian

It seems  that the BSIAB2 is very popular, so back in demand (may you ever need) Here are the links for the BSIAB2 Vero version. The second and the third are the same, while the first is slightly different...
Hope this won't go against the forum rules, or the owners of the project and the drawing.
Feel free to remove them if it's an issue...I searched for them in the gallery, but found nothing...They should be in the gallery for everyone's reference...

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5481/bsiab2ga1.gif
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/3039/bsiab2apx8.gif
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8620/bsiab2verifygu7.gif

I suggest you to check the ggg version too (altough it's not on vero)

Renegadrian

BTW, I am just waiting for all the parts from banzai, and I can start with my own BSIAB2!!!

rikkards

Quote from: Renegadrian on January 25, 2008, 07:44:36 PM
BTW, I am just waiting for all the parts from banzai, and I can start with my own BSIAB2!!!

I too am waiting for the remaining parts so I can start mine. Can't wait. In the mean time I am building a pedal board. I got a router for christmas and figured this would be a good exercise.
Thanks again for the links

Renegadrian

My first Banzai order came on monday, so I spent tuesday evening BSIABing (let me pass this new word... :D)

Here's the result...

Unfortunately I ordered some wrong parts (100R Trimmer instead of the 100k, 6.8nF instead of the 68...) but I will collect them tomorrow at my local store...

As I suggested, I am following this layout http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8620/bsiab2verifygu7.gif
and some toughts came to my mind...
I see it's almost the GGG version, altough there are a couple differences...

The Vero version has an Electrolytic as C9, while GGG is a np cap...What does it mean?
Also, Vero uses 3 LOG pot while GGG has a LIN for the tone...

I'll post the finished pedal in some day...

rikkards

Looks good!
Quote from: Renegadrian on January 29, 2008, 07:31:25 PM
My first Banzai order came on monday, so I spent tuesday evening BSIABing (let me pass this new word... :D)

Here's the result...

Unfortunately I ordered some wrong parts (100R Trimmer instead of the 100k, 6.8nF instead of the 68...) but I will collect them tomorrow at my local store...

As I suggested, I am following this layout http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8620/bsiab2verifygu7.gif
and some toughts came to my mind...
I see it's almost the GGG version, altough there are a couple differences...

The Vero version has an Electrolytic as C9, while GGG is a np cap...What does it mean?
Also, Vero uses 3 LOG pot while GGG has a LIN for the tone...

I'll post the finished pedal in some day...

Renegadrian

I have to change the protection diode...I connected the 9V in its opposite direction (damn...)
I'll change it tomorrow...

rikkards

Doh!

I am still waiting for my order from Small Bear. I figure it is probably sitting in Customs as it usually does  :icon_rolleyes:

Course I am busy right now building a pedal board which is turning out pretty good for what I need.

Quote from: Renegadrian on January 30, 2008, 06:00:06 PM
I have to change the protection diode...I connected the 9V in its opposite direction (damn...)
I'll change it tomorrow...

Renegadrian

Are you in Europe? I'd suggest you to use Banzai then...NO customs, it is just some days shiping...More secure for me (I am italian, BTW)

spudulike

QuoteThe Vero version has an Electrolytic as C9, while GGG is a np cap...What does it mean?

On the GGG schemo C9 has a little + on the left of the cap symbol ... polarized 1uF. On the BOM and the layout it's film. A polarized will work as long as its the right way round.
Cant help with the tone pot taper - maybe a typo ?

rikkards

Nope, I'm in Ottawa, Canada. The last time I ordered something it was about 2 weeks but that was around Christmas so customs is always slower. I don't do Fedex or UPS because if they don't deliver it successfully twice, I have to drive across the city to their outlet which is a pain. While my Canada Post outlet is at a 7/11 3 blocks away.

Quote from: Renegadrian on January 30, 2008, 09:42:12 PM
Are you in Europe? I'd suggest you to use Banzai then...NO customs, it is just some days shiping...More secure for me (I am italian, BTW)

spud

I have a Radio Shack  "IC" bd layout (RS# 276-150).  It hasn't been verified -  :icon_sad:    The board is the one with 2 long bus strips down the middle and 2 and 3 holes on each side. 

It's in DIYlayoutcreator - just post if you want me to put it up here. 

spud

Renegadrian

Why not, spud...  ;) It's one more we have...Altough the other layouts are verified...

Renegadrian

Waiting to change that blessed protection diode, I just started the 1590B drilling...double-triple check its measures (the pots are side by side and they fit precisely...You can't make mistake here...) I used a 8mm bit so you have that tiny lil' space you can use to adjust the pots' position to the be perfect aligned and then block them down hard...