A quick note of thanks to AMZ / Jack Orman !

Started by Dragonfly, January 24, 2008, 05:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

In the spirit of supporting Jack for all the years and info he has freely given to us DIYers, I ordered a Minibooster PCB from him a few days ago. I have built several Miniboosters in the past, all on vero or perfboard using my own layouts...and it truly is a wonderful sounding circuit. Anyway, I "could" have built another on perfboard, but I felt compelled to support AMZ....so I paypal'd the EXTREMELY REASONABLE FEE that he was asking for the PCB. Shortly thereafter I received an email confirming my order, and containing a link that has several "mods" for the Minibooster. Well, fast forward a few days...today I received the board ! SUPER FAST SHIPPING ! I anxiously opened the letter and there was a VERY high quality PCB and a set of detailed instructions within.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that Jacks service went above and beyond my expectations..I will not hesitate to order from AMZ again should the need / desire arise. www.muzique.com

Aron, I know this is a bit "off topic", but I knew that it would get more "attention" in this section of the forum...feel free to move it should you decide.

On another note... I have also received OUTSTANDING service from these other companies.... www.pedalpartsplus.com , www.smallbearelec.com , www.diystompboxes.com/zencart/ , www.generalguitargadgets.com !

:)

96ecss

I agree 100% Andy. I'd like to add that there is some great info on the AMZ CD http://www.muzique.com/amz-cd.htm. It's well worth the $25.00.

Dave

LMJS

While we are at it, I ordered his two e-books on 4 classic pedal designs (2 per book) and received them quickly (yes, it's e-mail but
he still does the sending).  I sent Jack an e-mail regarding another design of his and received a prompt reply with a nice
attachment to it.  Great service and I plan on ordering his CD-Rom, the newsletter, and now, one of those PCB's.
Give him your business and you won't regret it.

Ben N

OK, lemme pile on. When I lost one of Jack's ebooks in a hard drive crash, he cheerfully resent it, no questions asked. When I had some questions about using a Mosfet Boost as an inverting channel switcher for a Fender Amp, he was right there with responses. So the guy gives a lot, even beyond all the cool designs, mods, ideas and explanations he has put out there into the public domain. It can't be a bad thing to show a little love back.
  • SUPPORTER

PerroGrande

I bought Jack's CD and it was well worth the investment.  Jack had the CD in the mail to me almost immediately -- and my order was around the holidays! 

Thanks for everything, Jack!

DougH

A bought some transistors from Jack a few years ago and he threw in some extras of another model # to try, just for fun.

Jack is one of the good guys. He's one of the giants that this forum stands on the shoulders of.
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

amz-fx

Many thanks to everyone for the kind remarks!!!

Even though selling pc boards is only a hobby, I believe that everyone who sends money is deserving of professional service and quick response. Also, as noted, anyone who buys a pcb gets a link to a page with mods and additional info about the design.  If you have questions, my email is available and I'll do my best to provide an answer, even if you are building it on a piece of perfboard and not my pcb.

I really enjoy seeing the pedals made by all the very creative people here!  All you have to do is browse through the "Photos" thread to see the excellent work that is being done by the DIYstompboxes membership.

No one gets to where they are without building on the work of others...  I got my start with the Craig Anderton Guitar Player articles many years ago, and then his EPFM book, which I still recommend.

I've had a bad cold for the last week and have not felt like doing any work on projects, but there was a box of parts from Smallbear on my porch last night so I plan on working on a new design over the weekend!

Thanks again to everyone for their input!

Best regards, Jack

WGTP

Yes, Jack has been very helpful and has lots of good stuff.  Check out his CD if you haven't. 
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

brefmint

I just built 2 Mini-Boosters with boards I bought from Jack. Both sound great! I am starting on a 3rd as we speak. Thanks Jack!

Matthew
Builds-- Fuzz Face, Tubescreamer(x2), AMZ Miniboost (x3), AMZ Mosfet Boost, Rangemaster(x2), Atari Punk Console, Ruby Amp w/ Bassman mod, EA Tremolo, Java Boost,

Working on: Tube Reamer/Miniboost Combo

RDV

amz-fx

Quote from: RDV on January 26, 2008, 03:08:23 AM
Jack turned me into a NEWT

Your mother is an hamster and your father smells of elderberries!

;D  -Jack

earthtonesaudio

I would like to add that I went from total newbie to building original (working  :D ) effects in about 3 months, in large part thanks to Jack and his site, especially the "Lab Notebook."  Thanks Jack!

-Alex

Ben N

• SUPPORTER