Tie-Down Resistors??

Started by spartadrive_in, January 24, 2008, 07:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spartadrive_in

I have a few passive stomp boxes I made which are items like an EFX order switcher, a/b/y box and a true bypass box. The only thing requiring power is the LED in which I use a 9 Volt battery.
My question is that when I stomp the switch I get a popping noise sometimes. I was told that you use "tie-down" resistors to correct this. What value do I use and where exactly does it go? Does this correct the problem?
Also, I was thinking of adding a power jack so that I can plug in a boss power supply or other. Would this affect anything?

Thank you.

niggez

So far replacing batteries by power jacks has worked for me. As long as its not a circuit such as a pnp fuzz where you have to worry about the correct ground.
There are some useful layouts at tonepad.com that explain how you can attach both, the battery and jack, so that the battery is only used when no external jack is connected.

ianmgull

I built a passive A/B box that used power only for the led. I had the same problem until I put a 1k resistor in. I'd try that and see if you have any luck.

ian

moro