News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Univibe kit

Started by gigimarga, January 25, 2008, 02:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gigimarga

Hello,

I am from Romania and here it's not very simple to find some electronic parts and, specially enclosures and footswitches.
My question is if someone sell full Univibe kits because it's almost imposible to fing here LDR and some transistors.

Thx a lot!

KB

Hi

I don't think that anyone makes a kit.

JD (General Guitar Gadgets) supplies boards for RG's Neovibe project which is a replica of the Univibe

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=121&Itemid=26

All the information you need is available at the link above as it links to the project files at RG's Geofex site.
Also search on here as there is a lot of information about modification such as correcting for signal loss and possible modification using a LDR to replace the dual reverse 100KA pot used in the original.

I am just about to build my second one, I bought PCB's from JD for both projects.  The new boards are excellent, worth buying to save yourself the trouble of making your own board.  JD is very quick getting things sent out.

For parts:

The neovibe uses a bulb and four photo cells (LDR's) not the Vactol type Led/LDR combination.  Suitable photo cells (specification 16-33 on and 500k off resistance) and bulbs can be obtained from either Small Bear (America) or Banzai (Germany).  Both ship around the world.
Suitable transistors 2N2908 or 2N5088 can be obtained from either store.
Or you could possibly use the 2N5089's that Aron sells in the DIY stompbox store here?

Hopefully this gives you enough information to get started.

Cheers

Kevin

R.G.

You might send JD email at GGG and ask him if he will whip up a kit for you. I believe he may be about to offer those in kits; I know he now has a range of kits available.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Jaicen_solo

Ooh, I'll be first on the list if there's kits afoot!

Processaurus

That is a nice looking manufactured PCB, didn't know GGG was going that route these days.  Nice.

cathexis

http://www.banzaieffects.com/

This place has everything you need, including LDR:s and a lamp marked suitable for the Uni-vibe. I tried those in my build and they worked great.

gigimarga

thx a lot all for your answers...i was out of my office for a couple of days and that's why i didn't reply yet...i will study the www.banzaieffects.com and i will see what i will do...i am not very interested to buy only a pcb because a friend of mine can made one for me at something like 3-4$ (without drawing the parts layout on the upper side, but that's no problem for me)...i am more interrested to buy the electronic parts of it because i saw that the univibe is a complex stompbox...

thx a lot again!!

smallbearelec

Drop me a line at smallbearelec@ix.netcom.com

I will reply with a parts list that will help you shop on my site. You can create your own kit, with your choice of LDR, Lamp, case, fittings, etc. About the only thing I don't have is a power transformer with a 220 volt primary, but that's probably easier to find locally anyway.

Regards
SD