News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Funky Enclosures

Started by reggaestylee9103, January 25, 2008, 08:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phector2004

Please tell me that's one of those god-awful USB hub things that always mess up my sticks!

Top Top

:icon_lol: Its actually from some toy which was defective or failed or something. There is a junk/surplus store I go to that had a bin full of them for $.25 each.

Thomeeque

(click pic for hi-res)

My version of Mark Hammer's Woody in form of (CLN-)FX module for my bakery - I've wanted to try it before making proper enclosure (but I did already use it on one gig as it is :icon_mrgreen:)

T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

teej212

did that bag ever contain marijuana?

Thomeeque

Quote from: teej212 on December 15, 2010, 02:05:12 PM

AFAIK nope, just some parts (I'm addicted to this sh*t for more than two decades ;)) T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

Perrow

Quote from: Thomeeque on December 16, 2010, 05:57:49 AM
Quote from: teej212 on December 15, 2010, 02:05:12 PM

AFAIK nope, just some parts (I'm addicted to this sh*t for more than two decades ;)) T.

Parts, bags or marijuana?  ;D
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

phector2004

Light reflector?

Looks fancy

Top Top

It's one of those things that goes on the ceiling that a light fixture (like a chandelier) hangs from. There's probably a shorter name for it  :icon_lol:

phector2004

This one's been sitting in a corner since June... Got working on it this week. Surprisingly, you don't need to be He-Man to tear spot-welds apart
Anybody wanna guess what SeƱor Pesones is marking knob holes for?  ;D

elshiftos

Quote from: Thomeeque on December 15, 2010, 07:19:30 AM

My version of Mark Hammer's Woody in form of (CLN-)FX module for my bakery - I've wanted to try it before making proper enclosure (but I did already use it on one gig as it is :icon_mrgreen:)

T.

Nothing wrong there. In a pro studio with a 48 channel SSL console, I found one of the meter driver boards wrapped in a plastic bag, sealed with gaffa tape and left hanging behind an equipment rack :)
And yes, there was raw psu voltage on that board, waiting to be shorted out and to cause some poor tech a headache!  :icon_eek:

deadastronaut

@phil, erm......a dog food bowl...made into a bsiab2?... :icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Fishface

Quote from: Top Top on December 18, 2010, 12:37:46 AM
It's one of those things that goes on the ceiling that a light fixture (like a chandelier) hangs from. There's probably a shorter name for it  :icon_lol:
Rose  :)

phector2004

Quote from: deadastronaut on December 29, 2010, 05:00:08 AM
@phil, erm......a dog food bowl...made into a bsiab2?... :icon_cool:

It was supposed to be a tiny 2-handled pot transformed into an Uglyface, but I unfortunately hadn't stumbled on THIS TOPIC by the time it turned my Unibit red hot. I managed to drill 2.5 holes out of 10. I decided to stop halfway through the 3rd hole when my drill couldn't take it any more. Its amazing what a 10$ hand drill can endure ;D As for the Unibit, I might have to buy a new one... The steel filings were glowing red and there was this awful smell coming from the enclosure (or the drill!) If I can find a way to drill it properly, sand off its outer coating, and paint it red, I think I could make a fine fuzz pedal

I ended up putting my Uglyface in a Tupperware container. It's one hell of an... octave down... autowah... umm... migraine-worsening-fuzz box?  :icon_twisted:

Gyrofist

I was curious about this, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Lego pedal enclosures! I haven't actually built any pedals, aside from an A/B/Y switch, and a true bypass box, but I figured I'd get my mind going for some later projects, assuming that I'm any good at this pedal building thing...

Still trying to find ways to mount everything in it, since Lego's all square, but you may be able to secure washers in that you can attach the jacks and everything to, no glue or drilling required, like I did (badly mind you, and I didn't have any spare jacks to see if they fit).

Joecool85

Quote from: Gyrofist on March 22, 2011, 11:04:49 PM
I was curious about this, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Lego pedal enclosures!

Neat idea!
Life is what you make it.
https://www.ssguitar.com

Gyrofist

Quote from: Joecool85 on March 23, 2011, 08:16:15 AM
Quote from: Gyrofist on March 22, 2011, 11:04:49 PM
I was curious about this, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Lego pedal enclosures!

Neat idea!

Thanks! Though I'm sure someone else would be able to pull it off a lot better than I did. I was having trouble coming up with ways to mount everything that wouldn't involve ruining the Lego.

Unkn0wn Art1st

Taylor

I think that might be pretty cool, but my eyes are straining to make it out.  :icon_biggrin: Any chance we can get a macro version?