Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amptramp

I was offered the chance to join Amedeo, a stealth startup company in Pittsburgh run by T. Peter Brody, the man who invented the term "active matrix" for displays.  I preferred to stay in Canada so I didn't go, but he was using an offset printer on glass to print the resist to make lines that were 8 microns wide, which he could do perfectly, 6 microns which worked most of the time and 4 microns which worked about half the time.  He used simple n-channel cadmium selenide MOSFET's and he could get good results by screen printing one transistor per pixel.  The offset printer was set up to make four successive impressions so gaps in ink coverage would be filled by successive impressions.  We all see displays every day - if you are reading this, you are looking at one now.  Printing your own integrated circuits or BBD's may be simpler than you think.  CdSe is one of those materials like polysilicon or germanium - if it vaguely looks like a transistor, it will work.

BTW I went to Dr. Brody's home and saw the first active matrix display attached to a television.  There were a lot of lineouts (he did not have modern clean room facilities or deposition equipment when he started out in the 1970's) but the picture was there in glorious black and greenish yellow.  The display was electroluminescent because one of the properties of CdSe is that transistors can typically stand off more than 200 volts.  You could make any of the popular circuits the size of a grain of rice and run it on anything from 9 volts to tube voltages.

adielricci

...provided we have the right equipment and supplies.  That's a great idea, but its accomplishment would be a bit on the hard side, here in Brazil.

Funkymonk

BSIABII with contour pot and shielded wires.

thomasha

Hi,
just finished another one!
This one is based on the echo base, but with less knobs and instead of tails the switch adds a LDR tremolo to the circuit using the same LFO of the echo base.

I had to put the ICs on the copper side to make it fit in one board, but it works!
cheers

adielricci

balkanizeyou

EA tremolo. One of my favourite circuits - so simple, yet sounds so good

2006ug

Keeley Katana clone - my first 1590a.
Massive headroom, huge gain on tap, and flat boost across the whole range which is good for electric and I can use it on acoustic as well.
I might want to build a treble booster for pre-overdrive boost, and move this one to my loop board as a clean volume boost.
Laser etched with an Epilog Helix 75.

Adam

Marcos - Munky

This is my first Pro Co Rat ever! I've used Joe Davisson's diode opamp. Reverse etched by me (my first reverse etch), artwork by Adiel Ricci.

adielricci

Quote from: Marcos - Munky on June 18, 2017, 02:44:51 PM
This is my first Pro Co Rat ever! I've used Joe Davisson's diode opamp. Reverse etched by me (my first reverse etch), artwork by Adiel Ricci.

Great work, pal!  Congratulations! 

Marcos - Munky

Great work, pal!  Congratulations!
[/quote]

Thanks a lot, Adiel! My friends loved the artwork 8)

thomasha

Another wah! I posted more information on the respective thread, but it also needs to go to this gallery.

vigilante397

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Cozybuilder

Tom- Your work just keeps getting better, its a tough act to follow.
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

Hatredman

Quote from: thomasha on August 22, 2017, 12:14:44 PM

This is one of the sexyest things I've ever saw seen, guitar related or whatever.  It's really beautiful, specially knowing that it's a regular Hammend and you crafted the foot thingy yourself.

*Edit*: me can't speak ingrish.

--
Scarlett Johansson uses a Burst Box with her Telecaster.
Kirk Hammet invented the Burst Box.

lietuvis

Here is my latest THAT4301 compressor limiter.
Sprint Layout files for pcb:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s9l2nr1kwqi6wt9/AAD-DwktyQt4ruzgMSlV4Hoza?dl=0

vigilante397

Quote from: lietuvis on August 31, 2017, 01:33:22 PM

I had never even heard of the THAT4301 before, I'm reading the datasheet now  8) great looking build by the way, very clean inside and out.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

rankot

Quote from: lietuvis on August 31, 2017, 01:33:22 PM
Here is my latest THAT4301 compressor limiter.

Would you share the schematics by any chance?
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

287m

where the example of that 4301 and the eagle lib?
my bookmark http://www.thatcorp.com/pedals/index.html just show the other :(

Perrow

My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)