Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cozybuilder

(Lets hope this goes to the right thread this time) :icon_redface:

Cable-TV splitter, the house is from 1930, no idea how long it was on the house. Maybe it'll get a clear-coat finish to preserve the patina  (like the custom car shops are doing now)
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

hymenoptera

Quote from: Cozybuilder on September 24, 2015, 11:53:14 AM
(Lets hope this goes to the right thread this time) :icon_redface:

Cable-TV splitter, the house is from 1930, no idea how long it was on the house. Maybe it'll get a clear-coat finish to preserve the patina  (like the custom car shops are doing now)

Have you tried to open it yet? I know that white cement stuff can be pretty tough, but I've never actually tried to open anything sealed up with it.
"Radio Shack has nothing for anyone who's serious about electronics." - Jeri Ellsworth

Perrow

Quote from: apollomusicservice on September 23, 2015, 04:43:50 PM
Is this kind of coaxial relay?

With one input and two outputs I'd guess a splitter (active splitter perhaps, but I can't see any power input so most likely passive).

edit: Oh, so like I didn't see that there were more posts :)
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

Cozybuilder

Hmmm, now that its open, there just might be a possibility. Use the two BNC jacks for in & out, make a pair of short cables with BNC 90 degree male on one end, and ΒΌ" phono plug on the other to connect this into your pedal chain- conceivably use a mini DPDT stomper where the third BNC jack is, use a translucent plate on the bottom for LED and to add just enough depth for the stomp switch- yes I think this is possible to use. Hmmm. Inside dimensions: depth from edge to face: 0.6", 1.37" inside face (square). It makes the 1590LB seem gigantic.

hymenoptera

Cool! I've never seen inside one.

You mission, should you choose to accept, is to yank the cap, coil, and resistor, and somehow work the cap and resistor back into whatever you stuff in there. What is that? Brown Blue brown? 160R? What's the cap? There's got to be something with a 150 ohm resistor that's simple enough to fit inside.

This message will self destruct...
"Radio Shack has nothing for anyone who's serious about electronics." - Jeri Ellsworth

Groovenut

Here's my latest.

I decided to go non-board mounted pots, DC jack and switch on this one. I had a request from a friend to build one in a big box (1590B  :P) and I wanted to do one for myself in a small box, so I left it to wire. If I like this one, I've already finished the layout in my usual style (all user interface pcb mounted) so I can get them to fab whenever. This is the new Tayda powder coat enclosure. I like them. The coating is thick and durable (didn't chip at all during drilling) albeit orange peeled. They sand well though and take clear nicely too. The only other downfall is they only come in black and white.

You've got to love obsolete technology.....

mfunky

Cozybuilder

Remember this?

Mission accepted. Now its this:

Circuit is a modified "Cool One-knob Fuzz" by Gus Smalley
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=111894.msg1030810#msg1030810

Luke51411

You never cease to amaze Cozy! Nice build, bonus points for the light plate 8)

Groovenut

Very cool Russ! Everything from the repurpose to the size to the light plate. Very nice!!!

mmlee

pickdropper

I dig the light plate.  Adds a fun element to it.

287m

what? Cozybuilder build mini need for speed?
hahaha. peace
goodjob!

pickdropper

Tonebender MkIII with a voltage inverter for use with a standard power supply.

Cozybuilder

Wow, I think you just won the tidiest 1590A build award  8)

Groovenut

overdriver999

how much wood can a woodchuck really chuck?

bloxstompboxes

Most definitely one of the best 1590A builds I have seen. Very clean and elegant.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

vigilante397

Quote from: pickdropper on October 12, 2015, 12:05:19 PM

Beautiful build as always 8)

If you don't mind my asking, where do you get those knobs? I've been having trouble finding knobs that are small enough to be practical for 1590As but still look classy enough for me to want to use them.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com