Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Lyman

My 5th ever 1590A and the biggest challenge of them all, a Big Muff

"I like distortion and I like delay. There... I said it!"
                                                                          -S. Vai

duck_arse

hey Ben, izzat thread-seal tape I see on yer dc jack? you got those wobbly nut blues, huh?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

287m

3 16mm pots in A like that Ben? Crazy, but done.
What muff is that?

Ben Lyman

Quote from: duck_arse on September 21, 2017, 12:24:08 PM
hey Ben, izzat thread-seal tape I see on yer dc jack? you got those wobbly nut blues, huh?
Yep! Thread tape. Not wobbly, just preventative measures is all. I've been putting it on everything except the pots because they already have those anti rotation tabs.
Quote from: 287m on September 21, 2017, 01:08:01 PM
3 16mm pots in A like that Ben? Crazy, but done.
What muff is that?
Ya, it took some careful planning and measuring but I really wanted to try it. Big thanks goes to cozybuilder for the words of encouragement and inspiring pics!

It's a 47 Rams Head, thanks to Jimi Photon for identifying my favorite version out of all the different ones
"I like distortion and I like delay. There... I said it!"
                                                                          -S. Vai

italianguy63

Merlin's Engineer's Thumb in a 1590A.  Finished this one this morning...

MC

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

lars-musik

Dear fellows,
Here is something I have been putting off for a year. Now finally I braced myself for this little guy.
It is an EQD Sea Machine. I separated the LFO and audio board and it really fit (although I didn't measure too much in advance just made everything as small as I could).

EBK

What I like most about that is all those knobs with zero knobs on the sides.  Nice.
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

italianguy63

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

lars-musik

Quote from: italianguy63 on October 20, 2017, 06:52:12 AM
I feel inadequate now.

Never!
You guys are the only reason that I even dare to build my own pedals! If it weren't for this forum I wouldn't have a single working cuircuit (but on the other hand, I'd have much more time for making music).

ElectricDruid

Quote from: lars-musik on October 19, 2017, 06:27:17 PM
Dear fellows,
Here is something I have been putting off for a year. Now finally I braced myself for this little guy.
It is an EQD Sea Machine. I separated the LFO and audio board and it really fit (although I didn't measure too much in advance just made everything as small as I could).

...and now all you have to do is finish developing the shrink-ray for your fingers and your dastardly master plan will be complete! ;)

T.

vigilante397

Quote from: lars-musik on October 19, 2017, 06:27:17 PM

:icon_eek: My initial verbal reaction included some words automatically blocked by the forum. You've really outdone yourself on this one. And as always, love your style 8)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

thomasha

Well, this is not as awesome as Lars's build, but still let me show it...
a porkbarrel, aka ce2 clone.
Sounds really nice, using only through hole components, in a sandwiched build.
This is how I made it>

not the cleanest etch, but still looks nice, there are some spots where the etch was to shallow.
The boards look like this>

the connections between boards are the GND, 9v, VB and signal

as you can see, there is still a lot os space around the DC jack.

cheers,
thomas

287m

first see in mbp
after five minutes, i still look at that stacked board
amazing

ElectricDruid

Yeah, I'm impressed too, Thomas. Those little boards are beautiful. Somehow you've got it all squeezed in there and kept track of it too. Nice work.

Tom

Mark Hammer

1) Life would sure be a heckuva lot more compatible with 1590A boxes if we used 1/8" mini phone plugs/jacks.

2) Has building 6-knob/2-board FX somehow displaced building a ship-in-a-bottle as the hobby of those who relish obsessive suffering?

EBK

Quote from: Mark Hammer on November 11, 2017, 01:33:49 PM
2) Has building 6-knob/2-board FX somehow displaced building a ship-in-a-bottle as the hobby of those who relish obsessive suffering?
Someone definitely needs to combine those ideas and report back.  Now that you've retired....  :icon_wink:
  • SUPPORTER

287m

because they can make Lionardo DeCaprio And Kati Wenslet hang forever in this ship

:icon_mrgreen:

EBK

I can't decide if the Titanic would be most analogous to a compressor/expander, a tube screamer, noise gate, a bit crusher, or simply a kill switch, perhaps a burst box.
  • SUPPORTER

287m

actually, a looooooong delay

for a story  8)