Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duck_arse

downward expansion? very nice sandwich, oww, me teef!
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Perrow

Quote from: 287m on November 11, 2017, 10:36:47 AM
first see in mbp
after five minutes, i still look at that stacked board
amazing

Here's another for your viewing pleasure.

http://rumbust.net/Superfly+in+a+1590A
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

EBK

• SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

287m

woah, Perrow the curved man himself  :icon_biggrin:
thanks, happy to see another mini wizard still here

Perrow

Quote from: 287m on November 14, 2017, 08:28:54 AM
woah, Perrow the curved man himself  :icon_biggrin:
thanks, happy to see another mini wizard still here

Sadly I'm only here with a keyboard, long time since I built something. Don't have a workspace at the moment.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

thomasha

Nice to see that you are still here Perrow, that subminiature amp of yours is amazing!

I built a looper this time, based on the madbean's loophole with the vibrato mod, in this case using an opamp.
Here are some pictures of the build>
the boards, the LFO was a later add-on, so the board looks normal

Some pictures with the recording on.
The etch is a time glass
here a crappy video

chuckd666

Marcos - Munky

That etch, that 2 3PDTs, two boards... I quit :icon_eek:

Thomas, will your next one be an 1590A ADA Flanger? :icon_lol:

thomasha

Well, I used mini DPDT's since this pedal has no true bypass anyway.
A third DPDT would make it true bypass, but stomping 3 times to have a loop playing is too much. And it wouldn't fit anyway.

As for the flanger, Solderman did some nice stuff in 1590As too, unfortunately the links are all broken.
He had a nice Big wave flanger with the MN3005.

swever

My second attempt at 1590a. It's a germanium npn booster based on Small Bear's Ursa Minor.

danielzink

Quote from: thomasha on November 25, 2017, 08:50:58 AM
Well, I used mini DPDT's since this pedal has no true bypass anyway.
A third DPDT would make it true bypass, but stomping 3 times to have a loop playing is too much. And it wouldn't fit anyway.

As for the flanger, Solderman did some nice stuff in 1590As too, unfortunately the links are all broken.
He had a nice Big wave flanger with the MN3005.

I've got those Solderman files.

The Big wave is (2) TL072's, (2) CD4049's and an MN3007 - all in a 1590A

I also have his FL3 layout which is (2) 4558's, an MN3102 and an MN3207

He was a pretty amazing guy.....I wonder what happened to him...

Dan

jellyjams

"Tagawasak ng pekpek" (I'm smarter than you think)

Boxed builds: TS9, Rat, Blue Box, Pitch Pirate, Deep Blue Delay, Equinox II, CE-2 (in progress)

bluebunny

Quote from: swever on December 03, 2017, 04:34:07 PM
My second attempt at 1590a. It's a germanium npn booster based on Small Bear's Ursa Minor.

Nice job, Alexander.  I like the arrangement with the pot on the top edge and the stompswitch in the middle.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

swever

Thank you, Marc! This control arrangement was designed to fulfill customer's request. He wanted nothing but the button on the top surface (because he tends to stomp the box really hard without really looking at it and that kills the pots eventually).

I improved the design further by putting a large old soviet knob (another flea market find). Now I can adjust gain with one finger or even with my foot.

I like this one so much now that I am keeping it and building a new one for the customer.

swever

I thought my 1590a booster (on the right hand side) was not compact enough so I decided to build another one in an even smaller gainta B037 enclosure (on the left) just because I could. It's called Buster (as in Buster Gonad).  :icon_mrgreen:

slashandburn

Tomasha, that in insane. Just how? Must be some sort of optical illusion or black magic going on there.

Are you sure that all fits?  I mean, I can see it but I'm not sure I'm ready to believe it.  I probably couldn't fit that in a BB. 

1590A? Unbelievable!

rankot

Huh, this really pushed my nerves to the limit  >:(

But the result is nice! :) It wasn't working first time I put it in, and soon I found out that one block capacitor's leg is broken - using audio tracer cable revealed that in no time. So I decided just to solder another capacitor on copper side of PCB (yellow one seen on top of picture). It works now really fine.

It is my take on Tim Ecobedo's PWM variation by Paul Stevenson (https://paulinthelab.blogspot.rs/2012/06/nintendetar-add-on-oscillator-veroboard.html), who added clipping diodes at the end, so more sounds are available. I added a potentiometer to control clipping, because it brings even more control. If anyone's interested, I can post schematic and PCB files.
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

digitalunderdog

Parked wah

Marcos - Munky

Rankot, that's a beautiful 1590A! How did you did the finishing?