Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

any

Quote from: andrew_k on August 13, 2008, 06:24:37 PM
Quote from: any on August 12, 2008, 08:31:29 PM
Not to brag, but a bit proud none the less... 2 pots, 2 switches, and an external LDR in addition to the usuals.
My Mayhem Fuzz/trem/ringmod

And so you should be proud! That's a heck of a lot of hardware to squeeze in there. How's it sound?

It's a buffered and tricked out version of the noise567, it sounds like armageddon... not musical at all..  :icon_twisted:
There's a lot of evil sounds lurking in there, it has some interesting "cut-out" behaviour as well when the frequencies get
close to the upper threshold of human hearing. (at least that's what I think happens.
Still have to do soundclips I gues, it's definitely not for everyone.

Quote from: ayayay! on August 14, 2008, 09:32:36 AM
Hey any, what kind of perfboard is that in your headphone amp?  I'm looking for that kind of board. 
Yep, smallbear perfboard. Just make sure you know your components are layed-out beforehand,
as it's impossible to remove/re-place components with the plated through double-sided holes...
When it's soldered, it's in there till the end of time.
It's supposed to sound that way.

ayayay!

QuoteYep, smallbear perfboard. Just make sure you know your components are layed-out beforehand,
as it's impossible to remove/re-place components with the plated through double-sided holes...
When it's soldered, it's in there till the end of time.

I was afraid of that.  Not the smallbear part, the part about removing stuff.  Just trying to find something that's a little more forgiving. 

I have a breadboard but effects always sound better once inside an enclosure, and I'd like to be able to swap parts in and out once soldered.  Not all the time, but at least once or twice of soldering/desoldering.  I'll keep looking...
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

craig_in_tx

I already posted this in the picture thread, but figured I needed to place it here as well:

Sparkle Boost.  Internal 5K trimmer in place of the external gain pot in order to get it to fit.  Sounds wonderful!

Mr. G.

Here's a little boost pedal I made.

I didn't prep the enclosure between the black paint and the clear coats, so the clear coat is all wrinkled, but in person it actually looks a lot like Marshall style tolex.  So, I decided to leave it like it is.

German

Hi! My first post  :D
Here is my first, small-sized pedal. It is test version, unfinished, I need to paint it.
And see, that is not Hammond enclosure, I found only this one. That enclosure has a few problems. You can see, I have pointed to them with bullets.
So, it has a holes for unknown thing, in top side. And a places to screw the plate, but it is not for our point.
As you can see, I removed a bit this metal place, so now I can place footswitch and pot correctly. And in this holes I placed screws and cutted of top of the screw, then a bit polished.

This pedal is a simple booster with diode clipping (I said, that's test version), I'll paint it and post a picture later.
Actually I want to make a pedalboard(about 6 effects) in this small enclosures, I like them well. I'll do main plate for other effects on SMB, actually I alredy did a phaser on SMB in that small size, just have no photo of it.

danielzink

stumper1

As long as we're Sparkle Boostin '...

Now if I can figure out what happened to the screws for the back...... :(
Deric®

andrew_k

Quote from: stumper1 on October 03, 2008, 01:58:32 AM
As long as we're Sparkle Boostin '...

hehe, another tiny SparkleBoost for the collection...

Solidhex

Allright

I want to see someone build a Ruby or Noisy Cricket complete with speaker! I wonder if you could rig on of those speakers from a greeting card in there?

--Brad

andrew_k

I'm holding a 1590A in one hand and an 8Ω, 0.4watt speaker from a birthday card in the other. The speaker diameter is wider than any side of the 1590A.
Great idea though!  :D

frequencycentral

Quote from: andrew_k on October 03, 2008, 07:20:49 AM
I'm holding a 1590A in one hand and an 8Ω, 0.4watt speaker from a birthday card in the other. The speaker diameter is wider than any side of the 1590A.
Great idea though!  :D

Typing with your nose then are we?  :icon_eek:
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

earthtonesaudio

Alright, who's gonna be the first to break open their cell phone for the speaker...?

Solidhex

hmmm

I have two dead cellphones. Wonder how big that speaker is...

--Brad

spudulike

Old laptop internal speakers hmmmmm ....

LMJS

If you have one of those "singing" birthday cards laying around, just open it up and you'll find a nice little thin 8 ohm speaker dwelling inside.

Solidhex

Damn!

I took one of my old cellphones apart. The internal speaker was oval shaped and about the size of a cat eye. The leads were so thin I ended up ripping them out of the speaker while trying to strip the ends. I might just go to radio shack and see what the smallest speaker they have is...

--Brad

andrew_k

Quote from: LMJS on October 10, 2008, 06:07:07 PM
If you have one of those "singing" birthday cards laying around, just open it up and you'll find a nice little thin 8 ohm speaker dwelling inside.

Already tried it. The speaker was slightly wider than a 1590A. Some cards might have a smaller speaker...

Valoosj

Last week my dad dropped his cell in the toilet, hence I reveived it for demolishing. Tore the thing apart since I did not have the correct screwdriver.
The speaker works fine and is flat. It fits neatly in an A enclosure. I will be drilling it soon, but as I want it polished, it might be a while before I can show you the finished product.
As for the sound, it's really silent and lofi, but it's just fun as a gadget.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

earthtonesaudio

Alright the tiny form factor of these things is inspiring me... I'm thinking a 2 channel 386-based amp, with built in speaker and maybe tremolo or something.  I think 2 foot switches would probably be the limit due to the size.  All controls would probably be trimpots, but you could drill holes for 'em and maybe build in a holder for a tiny screwdriver...  ;D ;D ;D

flo

Regular true bypass FX looper. Perhaps nothing special but its my first 1590A usage.
As an extra, I have added measurements (in mm) on where I drilled the 1590A enclosure.