Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

@Dave

AWESOME as usual

Are you using your OWN laser now? I see you are getting more of these etches done lately and just wondering if you are using your own.
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

pickdropper

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on April 09, 2014, 09:11:38 AM
@Dave

AWESOME as usual

Are you using your OWN laser now? I see you are getting more of these etches done lately and just wondering if you are using your own.

I've actually been doing far less etching lately.  Work has been busy as has the machine.

Unfortunately, we haven't purchased a laser yet.  Double bummer is that I am not going to be able to set it up at my house when we get it; it is going to have to be at somebody else's house.  :-(

amptramp

Quote from: pickdropper on April 09, 2014, 09:21:11 AM
@Dave

AWESOME as usual

I've actually been doing far less etching lately.  Work has been busy as has the machine.

Unfortunately, we haven't purchased a laser yet.  Double bummer is that I am not going to be able to set it up at my house when we get it; it is going to have to be at somebody else's house.  :-(

Pick my house!  It will not be idle often.

pickdropper

Quote from: amptramp on April 09, 2014, 11:27:53 AM
Quote from: pickdropper on April 09, 2014, 09:21:11 AM
@Dave

AWESOME as usual

Pick my house!  It will not be idle often.

Yeah, it wouldn't be idle long at my house either.  Until my family killed me because they were sick of the air compressor noise, that is.

The real issue is that I am not setup to run proper ventilation and the other person's house is more suited to it.  I still wish I was going to have 24/7 access to it.  It would be much more convenient and I would have more time to do fun jobs on it.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: pickdropper on April 09, 2014, 12:16:58 PM
...It would be much more convenient and I would have more time to do fun jobs on it.

Hey... you have put out more laser etched pedals lately than I have put out total builds so... I wouldn't exactly say that you are starving for time on it  ;)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

pickdropper

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on April 09, 2014, 12:53:17 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on April 09, 2014, 12:16:58 PM
...It would be much more convenient and I would have more time to do fun jobs on it.

Hey... you have put out more laser etched pedals lately than I have put out total builds so... I wouldn't exactly say that you are starving for time on it  ;)

Some of the boxes had been etched a while ago and I just around to boxing them up.  But yeah, I can see how it may seem that there have been more lately.

Havaden

How many watts is the current record in a 1590a?
Just picked up a few TDA2050 35W power amp chips.
I love the "tube-ish" gain from the LM386, so im thinking to use it as the preamp with two bridged 2050s in a 1590a
It should give about 50W at 12V and 100W at 24V ^^
It's not always easy, but it's never impossible :D

Gibson SG Special worn brown 2006 (W. Bigsby b3)
Squier bullet fiesta red 2009 with a ton of care and mods.
Chibson LP Custom 2015 (Fixed broken neck)
Gibson LP Junior 2009

Perrow

Me? I'd use real tubes :D
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

tca

Quote from: Havaden on April 17, 2014, 01:05:59 PM
How many watts is the current record in a 1590a?
Just picked up a few TDA2050 35W power amp chips.
I love the "tube-ish" gain from the LM386, so im thinking to use it as the preamp with two bridged 2050s in a 1590a
It should give about 50W at 12V and 100W at 24V ^^
I think it will melt inside a 1590a box!

P.S.
Some refs.: http://diyaudioprojects.com/Chip/DIY-TDA2050-Hi-Fi-Chip-Amplifier/
"The future is here, it's just not evenly distributed yet." -- William Gibson

Havaden

I think it will melt inside a 1590a box!

Yeah, you got a point.
I got some beefy CPU heatsinks i can cut and bolt on, and mabye an external micro computer fan blowing air through the box. (Mabye it will cause some noise tho)
I might have to drop the bridged version, and go for a single one...
But nothing is impossible, its just being smart enough to make it work ^^

Me? I'd use real tubes :D

Yeah, that micro tube amp is a real beauty ^^
I don't have any space charged tubes at the moment.
But ive looked into using a 555 chip as a voltage step up.
Ive seen 555 tesla coils, so a small tube amp should not be a problem, as long as i got a nice capacitor bank and regulator to make it stabile.
i guess a modifyed valvecaster should work as well

But i want to make the most powerful 1590a out there.
Like the idea of a pocket amp, that got more power than most amps out in the band community ^^
It's not always easy, but it's never impossible :D

Gibson SG Special worn brown 2006 (W. Bigsby b3)
Squier bullet fiesta red 2009 with a ton of care and mods.
Chibson LP Custom 2015 (Fixed broken neck)
Gibson LP Junior 2009

Alejandro B.

Posted before but not in this thread where they belong  ;D!!!

Mircrotrem with pots controlling speed and depth and switches for type of wave and symmetry. Hard times to get every thing in its place.

And AC176 germanium booster. Simple but incredible alone and chained with other effects.

All kinds of opinions are wellcomed   :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

seadi123

arma61

Hi there

just finished this one, just a TrueBypass box a friend of mine need to bypass a Brian May Treble Booster Deluxe by Fryer Guitars that's just in and out with no switch.

Ciao
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

pickdropper

Modified Mutron V (same as Madbean's Kraken)

thelonious

^ Gorgeous!!

(and those aluminum knobs make everything look so classy)

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Alejandro B.

Quote from: pickdropper on April 22, 2014, 08:54:35 AM
Modified Mutron V (same as Madbean's Kraken)

Astonishing!!!! Hello from earth Zeus!!  :icon_eek:

Awesome!!!

lars-musik

I tried to search this whole topic because I am sure it has already been asked and probably answered (but I couldn't find it):

Does Sir Pickdropper publishes his fantastic layouts anywhere? I am a big fan of 1590as in general and so, naturally, a big fan of his work, too!

italianguy63

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad