Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

Thanks guys!

Three pots... sure, this just makes things simpler to determine the value being used or dial in the value needed. With pots you 'd need to take them out of the circuit to measure the value or set the value with a meter, with this you can read the resistance directly from the counters while in circuit and not much chance of getting nudged to a new value accidentally.
dave

edit;Decade box construction. Rotary switches

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-Variable-Resister-with-1-Million-Settings/

Chromosphere's

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

deadastronaut

^  classy dave.... 8)

very useful too.  8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

italianguy63

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

pickdropper

italianguy63

Components look close....   ;)

Awesome work as always.  I can hardly fit a KLON in an oversided enclosure.   :P

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

peterg

More proof that pickdropper is not human!

pickdropper

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words.

vigilante397

Quote from: pickdropper on August 19, 2014, 08:55:48 AM
Not a real Klon.   :icon_mrgreen:

I don't think I would even attempt to put a Klon in anything smaller than a 1590BB. I especially love the artwork. Sir Pickdropper (if you haven't been officially knighted you have now unofficially), you will always be one of my favorites.

EDIT: My wife was looking over my shoulder as I was drooling over the gutshot, and she just said "Why don't you build your pedals like that?"  :icon_redface:
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Ice-9

Quote from: pickdropper on August 19, 2014, 08:55:48 AM
Not a real Klon.   :icon_mrgreen:

Beautifully laid out PCB pickdropper I love it, but where the heck do you get 1/8th watt resistors from, I've been searching for ages and can only get my hands on 1M 1K 10K, that size.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

pickdropper

There are quite a few places to get them from.  A while back, I got a nice 1/8W kit from eBay.  These days I buy them all from Mouser or Allied Electronics. Mouser has more values, but Allied has really good prices.  Make sure to verify the package size.  Some companies (like Vishay/Dale) have 1/8w resistors in the package size normally associated with 1/4w.

bluebunny

Quote from: Ice-9 on August 21, 2014, 02:06:32 PM
Beautifully laid out PCB pickdropper I love it, but where the heck do you get 1/8th watt resistors from, I've been searching for ages and can only get my hands on 1M 1K 10K, that size.

Check out Farnell, Mick.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

pickdropper

Quote from: bluebunny on August 22, 2014, 03:11:38 AM
Quote from: Ice-9 on August 21, 2014, 02:06:32 PM

Check out Farnell, Mick.

Oh, sorry.  I missed the UK part.

italianguy63

Yeah, you can get 1/8's easily at Mouser... But, I am in the USA too...

davent

Again North America, i use Digikey for most things, they've really extensive search filters so doing a search for 1k's, ≤0.138" in length returns  1/8, 1/6, 1/4 & 1/2w versions so maybe widening your search parameters will get you the size  resistor you need.

http://www.digikey.ca/product-search/en?pv1=2358&pv46=33376&pv46=18221&pv46=14183&pv46=14157&pv46=18240&pv46=14182&pv46=18243&pv46=18197&pv46=17734&pv46=14200&pv46=14333&pv46=17735&FV=fff40001%2Cfff80482&k=resistors&mnonly=0&newproducts=0&ColumnSort=0&page=1&stock=1&quantity=0&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize=25
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Ice-9

Thanks for the links guys, Farnell is good for me in the UK, I also have great results with mouser as long as my order is enough value they send to the UK free delivery and within 4 days I got my last order. Mouser has been the best USA to UK I have dealt with. Highly recommended. :)

I have been getting the 1/8 Watt size from bitsbox, although there 1/8th Watt size they are actually 1/4 watt resistors ? Strange but true. Limited range :(
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

thomasha

I made a rebote delay 2.5, only adapted the copy cat layout, thanks solderman for that layout!. I tried to make a clock inspired etch.

Thomas

~arph

Quote from: Ice-9 on August 22, 2014, 07:33:13 PM
Thanks for the links guys, Farnell is good for me in the UK, I also have great results with mouser as long as my order is enough value they send to the UK free delivery and within 4 days I got my last order. Mouser has been the best USA to UK I have dealt with. Highly recommended. :)

I have been getting the 1/8 Watt size from bitsbox, although there 1/8th Watt size they are actually 1/4 watt resistors ? Strange but true. Limited range :(

I think mouser has a UK side too..

peterg

thomasha

Hi, thanks for that guys!
made my first attemp with a reversed etch for a phase 90, kind of magic circle/moon cicle inspired, hope you like!

Cheers, Thomas