Triggers, sample/holds and adaptive envelope followers

Started by StephenGiles, February 05, 2008, 02:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenGiles

http://www.musicfromouterspace.com/analogsynth/SINGLEBUSSKEYBOARD2007/SINGLEBUSSKEYBOARD2007.php

There is a plethora of trigger/sample & hold circuitry here, which may have possibilities for an enhanced envelope follower - you know, that pipe dream I have of an adaptive envelope follower where the start voltage follows the peak of the leading edge of a note played and the decay is separately controlled by a discharging capacitor.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

StephenGiles

Instead of childish arguments concerning Smallbear, why not get your brain around this?
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

puretube

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

StephenGiles

Window comparator - adaptive peak follower...............

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

I really think it's a job for a microprocessor!
I think the world has gone as far as it can with RC sections..

StephenGiles

Quote from: Paul Perry (Frostwave) on February 08, 2008, 09:43:08 AM
I really think it's a job for a microprocessor!
I think the world has gone as far as it can with RC sections..

Call me old fashioned, but I like to stick with analog!

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Oh, I'm probably more oldfashioned than you, Gez!!
I'm never going to write anything in code. And last time I tried, it was on actual punch cards!
But, I can't help thinking that sometimes, the sensible method is to put some of the controlling stuff into the digital domain - you can still keep a fully analog signal path if you want. This is what the RNC compressor & its friends do. http://www.fmraudio.com/productspage.htm