Hi!tweaked from grace+big daddy...but is quite different...opinions pls!

Started by stoned_survival, February 07, 2008, 03:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoned_survival

hey hi! im new to the world of DIY stuff though i am a computer engineer and have done loads of core electronics course(which i dint use for practical apps then ;) )
anyways this is my first pedal and the template i used was the grace+ big daddy from ROG...but i have majorly tweaked it
Heres an image of what i have done :

now here r the points!

1)if u lower the O.D-Dist pot to 0(min) , you will reduce the output at the buffer to almost 8 times(maybe more)  and then your tone control will control the tone...the JFET will amplifier will amplify the input to abt 9-11 times...now that means that the" buffer+tone bank+JFET amp" will only buffer(and amplifyonly a little) and tone control the signal.Hence when the signal reaches the LM386 it will not hit it too hard and therefore only an overdriven output will be recieved at this end.

2)if you make the O.D-Dist pot 1(max),the buffer will supply the signal to the tone control and the amplifier will amplify it (much like big daddy) and hence the signal will hit th eLM386 real hard to get the big amp distortion.

hence i can get all the flavours of distortion in between 1) and 2)

I have tested the above circuit in Pspice and got satisfactory results but i still have some doubts:

1) i am a little apprehensive about putting the tone bank where i have put it in the picture coz it eats up the signal a bit.

2)since this is my first pedal, i do not have any experience with pedal making and would want you to comment on the circuit in general...any flaws to your experienced eyes?!?

petemoore

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

stoned_survival

ahh well!! i havent breadboarded the thing yet!! not bot the components and stuff and before i do i just wanted comments from mroe experienced ppl tht whethr or not my tweaks r gonna work (practically) or not( coz i have checked them by software(pspice) simulation and they work darn well )
but as soon as i breadboard it the sound clips will eb on the way