Need Help With An ADA Flanger

Started by Paul Marossy, February 08, 2008, 10:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldschoolanalog

Quote from: Paul Marossy on February 12, 2008, 10:19:40 AM
On those sound samples, was the fuzz before or after the flanger?

It sounds like fuzz before flange to me. Placing the fuzz after the flanger tends to give a less "harmonically defined" character to the sound, IMHO. "Muddy" is the closest adjective I can think of; though I don't like using ambiguous terms like that...
Try it both ways. I'm sure there are some folks who prefer it one way, and those who prefer it the other way. Freedom of expression/choice and all that good stuff ;D...
Rock On!
Dave/osa
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

Paul Marossy

QuoteIt sounds like fuzz before flange to me. Placing the fuzz after the flanger tends to give a less "harmonically defined" character to the sound, IMHO.

That's kind of what I was thinking, but I wanted a second opinion.  :icon_wink:

moosapotamus

Glad you got her working, Paul. 8)

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

Paul Marossy

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Paul Marossy

Thanks for all the help guys. I got it sounding like it should now. To get that Paul Gilbert sound, you basically set T2 so it will go into oscillation when the enhance knob is all the way up. Then, with the enhance knob turned up all the way (or close to), you make the manual knob go down. It sounds just like that recording. And it's easily controlled via that control jack (which is connected to the manual knob).

I think we may hear this pedal soon on one of Avril Lavigne's upcoming tunes.  Now I need to get to work on something I am indirectly working on for a VERY famous guitar player (sorry sworn to secrecy unless I get permission to share who it is sometime in the future). I don't know why these people picked me, but I am just going with it. :icon_cool: