|HOME| |DIY FAQ| |GEO FAQ| |Debugging Page| |Links| |Schematics| |Wiki| |Layouts Gallery| |STORE|
|AMPAGE| |GEOFEX| |AMZ|

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2014, 02:24:32 AM
969052 Posts in 103378 Topics by 32887 Members
Latest Member: nik100
Home Help Login Register
DIYstompboxes.com  |  DIY Stompboxes  |  Building your own stompbox  |  Would there be an idea to put temperature stabilation diode to GEOFEX ge tester? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would there be an idea to put temperature stabilation diode to GEOFEX ge tester?  (Read 315 times)
jpm83

Janne M

Would there be an idea to put temperature stabilation diode to GEOFEX ge tester?
« on: February 09, 2008, 01:48:39 PM »

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to put temperature stabilization diode to GEOFEX germanium tranny tester or would it throw measurements off badly?

Janne
R.G.
more

Re: Would there be an idea to put temperature stabilation diode to GEOFEX ge tes
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 03:13:40 PM »

It confuses the results. A "temperature stabilization diode" works in most cases by removing a proportional amount of leakage current from the base of the transistor. Since the leakage of the transistor you're measuring is one of the things you want to know to make a decision on whether the transistor is good or not, the stabilization diode helps cover up one of the things you're measuring.

R.G.

Every single NASA manned mission starting with the Gemini series has carried a roll of duck tape.
Yes, really. Look it up.
mac

Marcelo Trípodi. Mar del Plata.

Re: Would there be an idea to put temperature stabilation diode to GEOFEX ge tester?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 03:15:55 PM »

Math may change.
And given that what you measure today is going to be different in 6 months, I wouldn´t worry.

mac

jpm83

Janne M

Re: Would there be an idea to put temperature stabilation diode to GEOFEX ge tes
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 03:29:20 PM »

Thanks for replies. I just tested it by putting a leaky trannys E-B junction reverse to the socket where other tranny was under test and it immediately gave me something like 17mV, so that lead me to the conclusion that it will throw things off.

Janne
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: