Help with Tremulus Lune Symmetry mod with Tonepad layout

Started by blues_mang, February 09, 2008, 11:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blues_mang

I've searched the forum here and at Commonsound and have read the build reports on Tonepad, but I can't find an answer. I've built the Tremulus Lune using the Tonepad layout and it works great stock. Now I want to add some mods to it including the symmetry mod. The problem I'm having is trying to figure out how to wire up the symmetry pot without using the "Fine" pot. I only want one knob to control the speed. So I am having trouble wrapping my head around adding the symmetry pot using Commonsound's diagram here: http://commonsound.org/tremulus/symmetry.pdf.
I'm pretty sure that it just has to be wired in series with the speed pot, but I'm not sure if I have the connections correct since I don't have the wiper of the Sym pot going anywhere. This is what I came up with:

Can someone verify this for me? Thanks. Also, for those of you that have built the Lune, if I understand it correctly, the Symmetry pot replaces the sawtooth or ramp up switch, correct?
If you ain't gots da blues in yo shoes, then you got a hole in ya soul.

blues_mang

bump
There has been a lot of posts on this forum about the Tremulus Lune, so I know a lot of you have built it. Can someone at least tell me if this how you would wire a pot in series with another? Thanks.

blues_mang

dxm1

Well, if this is what the 'Symmetry Mod' looks like...

...and you want to lose the 'Fine' control, you could pick a resistor about half of the Fine control's value and put is in series with the 'Speed' control, and wire it like this:

darron

i'd wire the fine pot right out. don't even bother substituting it. just make the connection jumper where it would have been.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

blues_mang

Thanks guys for some insight. The problem I'm having is that the Tonepad layout doesn't have a spot on the board for the Fine pot. So there is no "Fine 2" as shown on the Commonsound drawing. The fine pot is wired parallel with the speed pot and goes to the speed spot on the board. I'd post the layout, but I'm pretty sure that's a no-no around here. Is my layout that I made correct or does the wiper from the symmetry pot go to the speed 2 on the board instead or does both the wiper from the speed pot and the symmetry pot go to speed 2 on the board?

dxm1

slacker