Sovtek Big Muff pcb

Started by manson, February 21, 2008, 07:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manson

My old russian big muff pcb is a bit tired from getting modded. Traces coming loose etc. Is there a pcb layout available for these old sovtek muffs? I'm looking for one that resembles the one in the picture. I'd like to make a new board from scratch and put it into the original housing.

Thanks

Cardboard Tube Samurai

Quote from: manson on February 21, 2008, 07:02:02 AM
My old russian big muff pcb is a bit tired from getting modded. Traces coming loose etc. Is there a pcb layout available for these old sovtek muffs? I'm looking for one that resembles the one in the picture. I'd like to make a new board from scratch and put it into the original housing.

Thanks

:icon_eek:

gigimarga

The project of Sovtek Big Muff Pi from http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/ sounds great...and the same from www.tonepad.com too...i built them both!

manson

Thanks, they probably do sound great. But I realy need this exact layout, so it fits directly into the old original enclosure...

manson

Right. The image was taken off..

Here's the images of the pcb layout i'm looking for:

Thanks again.

AndyA

I think you're gonna have to make your own, the generalguitargadgets one is much smaller. You could just modify the ggg pcb yourself (I use MS paint for this kinda stuff...), stretch the in, out and ground lugs so that you can use the pcb mount jacks. Etch to a piece of board of the same dimensions and make sure the jacks are in the same place. Would not look original though.
Good luck

Sweetalk

You can make the layout yourself, take a picture of the track side, make sure that the PCB it's perfectly paralell to the camera so there's no distortion. Now open the picture in a image editor that uses layers  (Corel, Photoshop, etc) and start placing lines and circles where the tracks and component leads. Adjust the size to the correct one and etch the PCB. It's a pretty simple work if you can handle some basics of the image editor and if you can take a nice focused picture.

You can also scan the PCB and make the same work... just make sure that the PCB it's flat into the glass of the scanner and it doesn't move...

I hope it helps!!

JasonG

If you have a scanner you could just scan it in. Adjust the levels , make it black and white,then " paint" in where the holes for the components go.
Class A booster , Dod 250 , Jfet booster, Optical Tremolo, Little Gem 2,  mosfet boost, Super fuzz , ESP stand alone spring reverb red Llama omni-drive , splitter blender ,

NEVER use gorilla glue for guitar repairs! It's Titebond , Elmers, or Superglue

runmikeyrun

John Lyons can make the pcb for you once you get the layout correct... he's a member here.  That's his username.
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women