muff triangle clone barely audible fuzz

Started by scorpion victim, February 28, 2008, 12:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scorpion victim

what part of the circuit should I look at.  my tendency would be to skip over the clipping stages since i hear a faint fuzzy sound. no bad joints or hook up wire that I can tell.

zachomega

jpm83

In my last effect project which was Tone Bender I had similar kind of problem when I first plugged the effect in bypass worked fine but when effect was on I only hear a very faint fuzz. The reason for this was that I had forgot to wire the input of the effect to the bypass swich. :icon_redface:

Janne

petemoore

Lotsa stages, and some wrapping details on that one.
  Could be a stage is misbiased or miswired, or the wrapper isn't installed correctly.
  I would want to debug that one.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

m_charles

I've had this happen, and the answer always made me feel dumb.

A ground wasn't connected somewhere. First make sure both jacks have ground between them, then make sure all ground points on your board have a connection WITH THE JACKS AND ENCLOSURE, not just with the other ground points on the board.

You can rig up a quick connection tester with a 9V, a resistor, some tape, some wire, and a LED.

chuck

R.G.

Quote from: scorpion victim on February 28, 2008, 12:05:45 AM
what part of the circuit should I look at.  my tendency would be to skip over the clipping stages since i hear a faint fuzzy sound. no bad joints or hook up wire that I can tell.
Sigh.

Look at the stickies a the top of the forum. Find the one that says "Debugging Thread: What to do when it doesn't work." and follow the instructions. That will save you literally hours of posting random questions and lead to a quick resolution. It always has so far.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.