Danelectro DJ5 Tuna Melt is dead.Help plz.

Started by FisTheGoon, March 08, 2008, 12:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FisTheGoon

My friend gave me Danelectro DJ5 Tuna Melt to see why its not working.After i open up,i found that the  diode D1 has exploded.The part is 1n4004.So i change D1 to 1n4004G.I try to power up the effect but to no avail.  ??? I think he try to power up the pedal using a dc input but did not  set the output voltage.Does the exploded diode indicate that the some of the IC in the pedal may have been burnt?  :o Help needed please.
Thanks 4 your time.

ilcaccillo

Quote from: FisTheGoon on March 08, 2008, 12:42:51 PM
My friend gave me Danelectro DJ5 Tuna Melt to see why its not working.After i open up,i found that the  diode D1 has exploded.The part is 1n4004.So i change D1 to 1n4004G.I try to power up the effect but to no avail.  ??? I think he try to power up the pedal using a dc input but did not  set the output voltage.Does the exploded diode indicate that the some of the IC in the pedal may have been burnt?  :o Help needed please.
Thanks 4 your time.

It exploded to protect the circuit from an inverse polarity probably or and and Higher voltage than the stock 9v was used.

anyone with this problem just replace the Diode with a new one and use the correct voltage and polarity

Ben Lyman

Quote from: ilcaccillo on June 23, 2016, 05:24:11 PM

It exploded to protect the circuit from an inverse polarity probably or and and Higher voltage than the stock 9v was used.

anyone with this problem just replace the Diode with a new one and use the correct voltage and polarity
Cozybuilder might have something to say about that...  ;)
"I like distortion and I like delay. There... I said it!"
                                                                          -S. Vai