Intelligent intelligence re Tube Screamer

Started by StephenGiles, March 09, 2008, 02:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Dragonfly

BOOKMARK THIS !

Not only because it seems to be a good paper (i only skimmed it so far), but also because it's probably the only time Stephen will ever start a thread on a distortion, overdrive, or fuzz unit !  :D

StephenGiles

Possibly!! :icon_biggrin:

Some good bus journey reading for Mark Hammer!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

jakenold

I get a the feeling that Robert Keeley might be a ghostwriter on that paper, since the LED has to be BLUE - written in CAPS!  ;D

drewl

Interesting.....anyone build one yet?
I could throw an SCR in one of my TS clones tomorrow......

aron

Wow, I'm going to try this in a Shaka Pedal.

NTE5400

StephenGiles

I heard that Bush is writing an appreciation of the ADA Flanger! :icon_biggrin:

Mark Hammer

beatstrat

Thanks for the link.  Neat article; skimmed - will read in depth later tonight.

JDoyle

There are a lot of errors in that paper and in my opinion they take a too simplistic view of the clipping action (even where they do get it right).

Also, take a look at Figure 12, the scope shot of the SCR clipper. I don't know about y'all but the initial 'almost' oscillation at the onset of the note looks to me like a lot of high end hash that would end up modulating the signal at the op amp's output...

Neat idea though...

And I also find that when I read any of the 'acedemic' papers on FX, I am more confident that one can get a much better education about the actual workings of FX for this site then from an EE program...

Regards,

Jay Doyle