Soo...I messed up the Phase 90 mods real good

Started by iaresee, March 11, 2008, 12:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iaresee

Man, I should know better than to try to do a lot of part swaps when I'm tired. Ahh well...I get a hot iron in my hands I lose all self control!

So, I followed some of this picture's recommendations. And also changed out R7 for a 10k. No sound now when the pedal is engaged. Opps!  :icon_redface:

In total:

Removed R28 (had done this last year), R32, C11 and C12
Removed R31 and replaced with a jumper cable
Replaced C4 and C2 for 0.047 uF caps (I had two of these labeled 47 -- I'm pretty sure that's 47 pF -- kicking around, so I used them)

Hmm...I didn't change out the 150k resistor at R20 for a 1M. Looking at the schematic it doesn't look like a critical fix. To be honest with you some of the mods are a little strange. I guess it is for complete Script authenticity? For example R32 looks like it could stick around if you take C11 out -- it'll just be dangling, no path to ground. I did take both out though.

All the solder joints check out. There's continuity where I expect it. Any tips for debugging this? I did try the pedal on a 9V and on a wall wart just to be sure it wasn't a dying battery.

Any tips are most appreciated! Thanks!

- Ian

aab0mb

iaresee

Quote from: aab0mb on March 11, 2008, 01:06:25 AM
Put R7 back to stock value. 
Thanks! I put it back to 150K and that got me something out of it. But it's still quite faint. Am I underestimating the effect of changing R20 from 750K to 1M? I'll have to try that tomorrow. Need. Sleep.

zombiwoof

47pf is .000047 µf, not .047.  You think that might be the problem?

Al

iaresee

Quote from: zombiwoof on March 11, 2008, 04:11:39 AM
47pf is .000047 µf, not .047.  You think that might be the problem?
Without a doubt! Man, in the cold hard sunlight of day that looks like a big mess a made.  :-[