Successful dist+ builders needed

Started by guilds100, March 14, 2008, 06:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guilds100

I seem to have hit a snag in getting a dist+ unit up and running. Ive built it twice and nothing. If you've successfully built a a dist+, could you tell me the schematic, layout, vero, or whatever worked for you. Ive built 10 pedals now with 2 failing to fire up the first time, these two.

Thomas3D

Try this first..

DEBUGGING - What to do when it doesn't work
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=29816.0

http://www.tonepad.com/project.asp?id=2
I Used this layout as a guide to do a perf board build.

guilds100

thanks for the advise. have you successfully built a dist+?

Cardboard Tube Samurai

I've built a few from the General Guitar Gadgets layouts and all have worked quite well.

petemoore

Corons, 250's D+'s, and Blue Clippers/ 
  All the schematics worked that I've seen and tried, I think they're all verified, slight differences shown.
  If built on a PCB, mostly it's the opamp or cap turned around, or the occasional offboard miswire or misvalue resistor.
  Audio probin', Voltage of battery, Pin bias voltages...basically diversified applications of the DMM, range dial getting a little workout...something's bound to turn up, probably just one little guy in there misbehaving for some reason and ruining an otherwise great party..
  Start with the power off, measure battery, attach battery, repeat, if voltage doesn't drop a lot, continue, if it does drop a lot, somethings drawing a Lot of current and the battery won't like that soonish.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

guilds100

I took some chip readings and their way out of whack, on both boards.

pin1   2mv
pin2   7.8v
pin3   1.8v
pin4   0
pin5   17mv
pin6   9.3v
pin7   5.3-8.6v
pin8   0V

I forgot to mention that im using Andrew Carrell 3/2005 vero layout.

fixr1984

There is a missing trace cut on that layout.
Heres a picture showing where to put the cut. Drawn in blue.

guilds100

fixr1984

Thanks for the input. That immediately fixed both units. Ill have to note that on my copy for future use.

fixr1984

Glad to help, after having the same problem on the same
layout I knew right where to look.

guilds100

I was getting a little desperate as i promised a friend the dist+. I made an OD250 and was going to try and pass it as the dist+, but after hearing the dist+, I'm glad I didn't.  :D