Wah Potentiometers

Started by tehfunk, March 16, 2008, 01:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ayayay!

QuoteAre cermet tapered pots okay to use. What are the advantages or disadvantages and is it better or worse than carbon comp?

Are you still talking about for the big rack & pinion "wah travel" effect pot?  Or are you asking about using it as a trim pot inside the pedal? 
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

tehfunk

for the big rack and pinion pot, remember it's a linear one, so i was wondering what are the advantages and disadvantages to cermet versus carbon comp?
Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante

ayayay!

I don't know really because I'm only familiar with cermet trimpots (thus the previous question.)   ;D 

Can you provide a link to a pot like you're thinking of?  I'm always curious about trying different wah pots myself. 
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

tehfunk

Quote from: ayayay! on March 24, 2008, 02:46:26 PM
I don't know really because I'm only familiar with cermet trimpots (thus the previous question.)   ;D 

Can you provide a link to a pot like you're thinking of?  I'm always curious about trying different wah pots myself. 

I can't seem to find a link but, basically a lot of the piher potentiometers are cermet, and they are long and last a long time so yeah, I was wondering if they would work. For instance, check out the CP21 potentiometer.
Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante