Speaker Enclosures

Started by Austin73, March 21, 2008, 12:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austin73

Hi Everyone,

Just completed a 1x12 enclosure from AX84 site (well father in law did) Its a very cool little box, although at present I'm going to load it with an old organ speaker as I'm skint lol

Just wondered if anybody knew of anymore enclosure plans looking for 2x12 1x15 and 4x12 especially but anything fun would be considered.

Cheers

Aus
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

horn man

Check outwww.silvatone.bravepages.com.  He has nice plans for speaker and head cabs for his projects as well as construction pictures.  Also, might get you interested (if you aren't already) in tube amps.  18watt.com has a downloads section with Marshall cab plans and you can also seach the speakers and cabinet section of the forum.  You will have to join the forum, though.  :icon_cool:

drewl

Don't dis the old organ speakers, some are nice old alnico's and I've trash-picked some darn good sounding ones in the past!

Austin73

i would never diss organ speakers as I have a few now and they cost me nothing. I have just put a 12'' in my 1x12 cab and it sounds pretty good for a freebie. All in the thing is only going to cost me about £15 so can't be bad.

You want to see the mad Yamaha speaker I want in next it nearly 2ft across its not even round! lol

Anyway thanks for the input and keep it coming

Aus

P.S My new stack! lol

Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

petemoore

I see nice round bass response !
   Large cabinets are my preferred choice.

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Austin73

Yeah it does sound quite bassy cranked up with my 5watt ss amp! lol

Didn't realise it would come out that big really just downloaded the plans and gave them my father in law to look at didn't realise he would make it.

But highly recommended next on list is the funny yamaha speaker above and maybe a 2x12 as I seem to have a never ending supply of speakers at moment! lol

Cheers so far

Aus